Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

Hereforyou
    Hi all..

The last couple of days have been stressful.. He's very angry and fed up of late.. Once again taking it out on me and being snappy and short with me.. Sometimes even being downright rude..

Remind me again that this is normal and just the illness and that it won't be like this forever .. Feeling a bit fed up with his attitude towards me but know I probably shouldn't respond to it...

Just need you guys to simmer me down please...

Is he seeing his Dr? Taking his meds? What about counselling?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    He has to see the doctor next Friday.. He's taking the meds as regular but he's still on the 20mg of Citalopram which he didn't think worked at all..

Once again still waiting on the counselling and anger management to materialise...

Maybe a different med will...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    I hope so.. He's not being the nicest to me lately so it's these sort of times that make me feel crappy...

Unfortunately, it takes time for anyone to start counselling, anger management, and so on. There just aren’t the resources. Have you considered going to Relate for relationship counselling, either together or separately?

Edit, sorry forgot to say that usually someone can only have one counselling service at a time so you’d both have to take that into consideration
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hereforyou
    I knew it took time but I didn't think it took 4 months.. Especially where he's self harmed.. Is suicidal and has lashed out and assaulted people.. I thought that would at least warrant maybe quicker turnaround..

I've mentioned relationship counselling and he's said he doesn't think there's anything wrong with our relationship so therefore he doesn't feel we need it.. And when I've said to him about how he's being horrible to me sometimes he says he doesn't mean to be he just has this attitude that he can't shake of "screw everything" ...

Apparently the anger management and counselling were all supposed to be under the same therapist according to his doctor.. Aside from that I think that's the only counselling he would have.

My hubby didn't think we needed relationship counselling either, but he thought it would be good for me, so he came along. He told me afterwards that he found it helpful.

Hereforyou
    I've asked so I won't push again.. There's not much of a relationship right now anyway.. It's our anniversary next week but I don't even think he wants to acknowledge it..

Have you considered having relationship counselling on your own? It may help you work through some things
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.