Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

It's brilliant that he is telling friends. It's not an easy conversation for him to have had.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    I am pleased he's telling his close friend.

He's also going to do his hobby tomorrow, which he says he is excited for so I am pleased about that too.

It still concerns me that he is saying he's messed up and confused though, I feel it's just with me.

Which hobby? It's not just you, it'll be loads of things - but you know the old saying about pushing away the ones we love the most? That's about right....

I know we keep saying it, lovely, but it’s just going to take time. It sounds like he’s starting doing things he hasn’t been able to cope with for a while, so there’s improvement already
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hereforyou
    Paintball.. He said that it was annoying him too but he said he's excited to go tomorrow..!

I hope so, it's just so hard, we were very affectionate and now there's nothing at all, I ask for a cuddle every now and again and it's just like he can't be bothered. Hearing him say he's confused all of the time is so upsetting.

My brother wldoesnt understand mental health very well and asked me if he's depressed because he's guilty about something or if his attentions have been drawn away by someone else. It upsets me so much because I can't stop myself having those feelings when people say them. My dad wants me to talk to my partner again next time he says he's confused and tell him it's not fair that he keeps leaving me in limbo, and that I am having all of these thoughts and feelings.

I just don't want to rock the boat too much.

My Mum told me to pack Marc's stuff and throw them out of the window if he "didn't buck up his ideas" or if I wouldn't move home..... Maybe you need to tell them to back off a bit?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (24-03-18)

I know they mean well but it’s your relationship, not theirs, and your future.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (24-03-18)

Hereforyou
    Yeah maybe.....

I just think they're seeing him fine with paintball, work and his friends and just miserable with me and our dog. They know how affectionate I am and how much this is breaking my heart.

I don't know if going for a bit would be a good idea or not as I really feel like he's just miserable with me.

I remember it well love - but actually for my husband it was more than at home he didn't feel that he needed to pretend....

Hereforyou
    Hmm perhaps you're right, he has said that he's trying to "act normal and happy" because it may help him.

I just feel so lonely in my relationship, I hate having to ask for a cuddle and feeling wrong for doing so.