Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

How long has he been on the increased dose of ad? They could be helping by now.

Hereforyou
    She splits between us and my parents.. So she was home Monday and Tuesday but away Friday through Sunday..

I am hoping they're positives.. Aside from the flimsy cuddle this morning he's seemed okay-ish...

He changed from 40 back down to 20 on Saturday.. He was on the 40mg for 5 weeks last Friday and he started the 20mg straight away on Saturday...

So the meds are likely to be just getting fully into his system... That could help too... But the new change of dose will take as long to settle too.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    Yeah but he's changed them now and is back down to 20mg..

Does that mean that they're not going to work or that the 40mg probably worked but he didn't give them long enough..?

No idea. That is only something that you will know in time... Nothing to panic about now though.

Hereforyou
    I hope it's all positive..

I am not sure if I am being unfair not saying "goodnight, love you" before we go to sleep.. I am trying to pull back a bit.. But his flimsy cuddle this morning makes me feel a little unsure...

That's not uncaring..

Hereforyou
    His cuddle or me not saying love you and goodnight..??

Both...

Hereforyou
    Hmm I am not sure.. He's just upset me a tad and I am not sure if I am over thinking it or feeling emotional because it's my time of the month...

I came home with gifts from friends at work as I am leaving to move on to a promotion which I am really excited about.. He looked at it and told me how it's not that much (I was originally really chuffed about it) .. I left the room because he made me feel a bit crappy about it..

When he followed me upstairs he asked what was wrong and I told him he made me feel crappy about it.. And he said he just meant that he thinks I am worth more than what they got me (fair enough but of course he didn't say that) so I just said he could have said that..

He told me that he didn't know how to put things into words and most boys don't unless it's for special occasions to get something (he's never said that to me in 4 years so that annoyed me a bit because it sounded a bit pig like) ...

I said that at least my work colleagues were happy for me and my new job unlike him who doesn't seem to care or even want to celebrate with me...

I am not sure if I am being moody or if I have a right to feel like that was a bit nasty or if I am being silly..

I just feel a bit upset that he celebrated passing his exam with his friends and doesn't want to celebrate that with me but also doesn't want to celebrate my achievements like he used to.. He's said in the past that he wants to go out now because he wants to drink and forget things but apparently it's different with me..

Am I being silly..???