Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

My one note of caution would be that adding in herbal remedies, acupuncture etc when medication is being changed can create questions as to what is having an impact/improvements etc. I don’t know anything about Rhodiola but some herbal remedies (eg St. John’s wort) are contraindicated with ADs
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Hereforyou
    Thanks Magie.. It's definitely worth a try.. That's why we tried the Cranosacrial Therapy as cranial massage really helped with his ADHD so we thought we could try it... He's also had Accupuncture for muscle problems which helped so he's much more for the idea than I am...

Thanks Paula.. I thought that myself especially as I know he can't have St John's Wart.. That's why I wanted to ask the doctor first.. I am not sure if we should try the supplement now while he's taking the 2 weeks of 20mg Citalopram or if we should wait a bit longer before trying it...

I'll see what he prefers...

How's he doing today?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    So far another good day.. Only hiccup was when someone stressed him out from paintball and he got all quiet and stressed.. Apart from that he seems okay.. A little bit playful with me and making jokes.. Quite calm and chilled..

It does make me laugh though because when we has those problems last weekend he said about wanting space and about me now even going to the gym with him (we are both members of the same gym and go gym at the same time but do completely different things on different ends of the gym) .. So today we were both going but he went before me and I waited at least an hour before going so that he had a chance to be there on his own.. When I got there he came up to me and playfully said "oh you're finally here then" .. Then continued to come over to me a couple more times.. It does make me laugh though I'll admit...

He's going to meet my brother now though to discuss the paintball team as my brother wants "A chat" (my brother is the captain of the entire squad and my partner the captain of one of the teams in the squad) so I am not sure that will be a pleasant chat... I've told him to be very sensitive and caring rather than all guns blazing.. Fingers crossed for that..

I am due to meet a friend tonight for a very quick social drink but I think he's forgotten...

Hope you've met up with a friend and had a good time out..

Hereforyou
    I am on my way now.. He wasn't too happy when he came back from meeting my brother.. Didn't tell me what was wrong but said how they'd spoken about lots of things including us and his head...

I also don't think he was happy with me going out..

Talk to him tomorrow...
    Not sure it was your brother's place to be discussing your relationship though...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

I hope you enjoyed your night out. It's understandable that your bf would be tired if he was after a long conversation. Remember sometimes even deciding whether you want tea or coffee can be exhausting. I agree with Suzi, I don't think your brother should be discussing your relationship.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Hereforyou
    Yeah I will do.. I've just got in and he's already asleep so I thankfully won't need to talk to him..

It was okay thank you.. A bit tricky as I was alone amongst a large groups of people who already kneweach h other but I managed to have a bit of fun..

I think my brother wanted to talk in terms of how he felt as mybbrother.. I met my partner through my brother as it was his friend first so they already had some form of a bond before I came along...

My brother and my husband were friends before my brother introduced us. I would hate for my husband to discuss our relationship with my brother without my say so. That's a terrible thing to do. Ftr they are still working together 21 years later.