Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

You always were kind and supportive, otherwise you wouldn't be posting here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Hereforyou
    Aww thank you Magie.. I am probably just struggling to know what to do and what not to do and to just remember it's the illness..

That's all you can do....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Remember no one has all the answers. It's all about getting through from hour to hour, day to day. It's the only way to get through. No one knows why, what works one day, doesn't work the next.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

OldMike (18-05-18),Suzi (18-05-18)

How has this evening been?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Hereforyou
    Thanks Magie and Suzi.. Taking day by day..

The evening had been better than most.. He went to the GP who changed his antidepressants back down from 40mg Citalopram to 20mg Citalopram which he will be taking for 2 weeks before they change him on to another antidepressant.. The therapy is being chased up which is good and he asked the doctor the questions I asked him to ask however that wasn't much help as the doctor didn't know anything about what I asked..

He's been put on a much stronger sleeping tablet that is highly addictive so we will need to keep an eye on that and make sure he doesn't become dependant on it..

When he came home from the doctors he seemed okay.. Didn't seem like he was in a particularly "bad" or "low" mood.. We both rushed straight out as I went to get his prescription before the pharmacy closed (I made it with 1 minute to spare which was super lucky) and he went for his Cranosacrial Therapy appointment...

When he came back he was similarly not in a "bad" or "low" mood which was good.. We talked like friends and reminisced about things so that's positive..

He is a bit tired but he's not tired and moody which is good..

I am assuming that the change in dosage is going to trigger another series of mood swings and possible lows so I am mentally preparing myself for that..

My nanna (who stays with us sometimes) said that yesterday and today were his best days as he seems quite comfortable and "normal" .. Though that's probably a brave face it's still nice to see..

Well done for creating a relaxing evening in your home. Like I said earlier, this can't be rushed. You have to take this hour by hour.

What were the questions you asked him to ask the Dr?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    Thank you Magie.. I am trying my absolute hardest.. When he's like how he was the last two days it requires a lot less effort to be "normal" from me.. The hardest thing is stopping myself for snuggling up to him and so on.. I almost fell asleep on his arm but I realised and got myself up and apologised..

Suzi.. We read about some "alternate therapies" he could try including a supplement called Rhodiola and essential oils to help.. There's also a cream from a shop called Lush that's excellent for helping people sleep.. As well as accupubture.. So before we tried them I thought it best to ask the doctor first but apparently he had never heard of them so couldn't comment..

He also asked the doctor about doing the free therapy I get through my work and the doctor said there wasn't much point doing it.. He recommended the Kung Fu classes though so I am going to look into that for him...

I've had acupuncture for a lot of my physical and mental health. I wouldn't have tried it but I remembered it helped with morning sickness all the way through my pregnancy. If it helped then, I thought it might help with my mental health too. The therapist places one needle in the centre of my head, one either side of my temples and one in the centre of my forehead. I don't feel them go in, and whether they do any good or not, I don't know, but I do know they don't do any harm.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post: