Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

Hey, I've been his main support and carer for all the time I've known him.... I love him to the ends of the earth and I'd gladly do it, but yes certain systems have seriously f***** things up along the way...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    There's a special seat saved for people like you Suzi ... I wish there was more support for mental health...

Sadly the whole coronation street episode triggered a downward spiral of low feelings and sadness... Including a panic attack too ...

I found Corrie very hard to deal with too. It triggered a lot of feelings around what I went through since Christmas. But that's what they invented the off button for, and although I usually love Corrie, I switched off last night.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (10-05-18)

Hereforyou
    That's a similar sort of time to when my partner started to suffer...

I completely understood how it would make him feel.. It even made me cry.. My nanna was watching it whilst we were both out and we came in to it and within 5 minutes I started to get emotional and turned it off..

I noticed his mood had changed after I turned it off and I asked and he kept saying everything was fine.. That was until he had a panic attack and he couldn't deny things weren't fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Hereforyou View Post
    I wish there was more support for mental health....
    Don’t we all, hunni
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Hereforyou
    It was really sad to see his reaction last night.. He's so worried about not being able to cope this weekend.. He cried so much and it genuinely was so heartbreaking to see.. I asked if he would like to go out and see how he copes before he goes and he just broke down saying how he's fed up going places he doesn't want to (meaning work, the tube etc) .. I wish so much that there was something I could do.. I watched the strongest man I know break down like a little boy and it hurt so much.. He said he doesn't know what to do anymore and what's frustrasting is all I can say is to go back to the doctors and it's equally as frustrating for him to hear me say that..

I took some stuff off of his plate by saying I would handle them for him instead but there's things I can't do to help and it's so frustrating...

Is he coping at being at work?

Hereforyou
    Yes and no.. He is busy at work so it helps to take his mind off of things but no because he hates going and sometimes has problems and arguments at work....

What about being signed off for a week or so? Has that idea been suggested to him? When's his Dr's appointment?

Hereforyou
    Trouble is he's self employed so no work no pay and that'll just make him worse I think.. I've suggested it to him and said we will manage financially but I think he feels bad because I've taken the slack financially alot through the course of our relationship and I think that bothers him...

The appointment is tomorrow.. I so badly wish that he would let me go with him.. Just to know what's being done to help him.. They got another referral letter through on the 19th April and just didn't do anything with it so now it's lapsed almost a month he has to be referred again.. I am so angry at how negligent they're being about it..