Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

Hereforyou
    No I didn't.. He acknowledged I didn't do it on purpose when I said sorry and gave him a hug....

Yeah he said.. I am not sure what he meant by "feeling crappy" though as he genuinely didn't seem to "act" it.. Especially in comparison to how he acted and felt last week...

Hereforyou
    Oh will it.. That's a shame... Should i expect him to be particularly low for the next few days then...?

Not necessarily low.. but it affects each person differently and the medications - eg my husband is currently on Venlafexine. He missed a tablet on Sunday morning by accident and he's been pretty much exhausted and every time he sits down he fell asleep. It's fine, and he's back on track, but it does have repercussions- did you ever miss a dose of medication when you were depressed?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    Ahh I see what you mean..

If I am honest I don't remember too much.. I don't think I did because I don't "specifically" remember it but a large proportion of that time feels like a trance as it is...

What meds were you on? Did you have therapy?

Hereforyou
    I was under 18 so I could only use Fluxotine and yeah I did.. I was in therapy for almost a year...

That's really fortunate - mostly it's 6 sessions now...

Hereforyou
    6 sessions :0 .. Is that it..? Oh my it has changed.. What happens if you need more..?

Sometimes you can get extra sessions, but not always and sometimes you need re referrals... It's different with each CMHT too - My husband had 6 sessions with one, weekly visits for 3 months from a CPN at home with another and with the other he had about a years worth of weekly psychotherapy...

Hereforyou
    Oh my.. Your poor husband.. That sounds awful for him.. Surely that hindered his recovery even more...?