Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

Just because he got upset doesn’t mean he doesn’t need to hear it. You can’t tread on eggshells around him, hunni. The side effects should start to improve now but he may continue to have some - it’s a case of whether they’re easier to cope with than the illness. Generally, there should be a gradual improvement over the next few weeks but there’s no hard and fast rules I’m afraid and it’s often difficult to see until you look back on it itms
    Last edited by Paula; 22-03-18 at 09:48 AM.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hereforyou
    Yeah you're right, he kept saying how hard it is for him too but ultimately I told him that I'll support him and if right now that doesn't matter it will matter when things improve for him.

It's just so hard with him saying he's confused about everything, my parents want me to give him till the end of the month (end of next week) and if he is still confused then I should ask him to move back in to his mum's while he decides. I've asked him a few times if he wants me to leave or if he wants to leave and have some space and he says no, but still says he's confused.

He's going out with his friend on Friday, I think it will be good for him to let his hair down and enjoy himself. I am hoping it's the start to recovery.

I completely agree with Paula. If he's still having negative side effects by the middle of next week then he really needs to go back to the Dr and look at maybe changing the dose or the medication.

I'm really glad you spoke to him re how you are feeling and agree that although he got upset, he had to hear it. Walking on eggshells is exhausting and chances are you'll end up in a pretty crappy place yourself - I know that from experience....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It's worth mentioning if he's going to be going out and drinking that alcohol is a depressant and may actually make him feel worse
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (22-03-18)

Hereforyou
    He has an appointment for the doctors the week after, they seemed pretty happy with just issuing him another dose and seeing him again 3 weeks later.

My parents think I should ask him to move out next weekend if he is still saying he is confused about being with me, I am not sure if that's the right decision though.?

I've mentioned the alcohol to him, he very rarely drinks so I am hoping enjoying himself with friends might be a good idea.

How long have you been living together? Who’s house is it? How old are you both?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hereforyou
    We've been living together for 3 years, it's my home but I will happily stay at my parents for a while and we've been together 4 years. I am 25 and he's 28

Rented home as we were planning to buy at the end of this year.
    Last edited by Paula; 22-03-18 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Merged posts - please donÂ’t double post

Then maybe it’s a bit premature to talk about anybody moving out? If he’d broken his leg you wouldn’t be thinking about s9mething so drastic - it’s going to be hard but surely it’s worth working on this?

I agree, I'd not want to be making such major decisions right now...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    I don't want him to move out, I do feel like he is trying. He's trying to not be as miserable and trying to be talkative and make jokes or smirks at things.

He's said he's doing it all to try to feel normal and happy. He takes his medication at the same time everyday, tries to keep busy. So I am pleased and positive that he genuinely is trying, I just hope he feels an improvement soon.

Of course I miss the affection from him but I am hoping thast will come back soon.

He has broken his hand funnily enough and even then he wanted to rush things.

I love him to bits and want to try to support him as best as possible.