Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

Hereforyou
    I could try but I don't want to push things...

Just saying that once isn't pushing things, it's just asking....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    Yeah I guess.. He was really nasty to me today so I've decided to pull back entirely now....

Nasty in what way?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hereforyou
    I was round the corner from where his construction site is yesterday so I thought I'd buy this gift he saw ages ago and meet him from work, go home together. He made me feel awful about the idea because apparently the people who saw us (his work colleagues) will start saying inappropriate things to him about me tomorrow (the below the belt kind in his words) and because he is feeling rather angry lately he will lash out..

I ended up apologising yesterday for going and he apologised for making me feel bad... This morning I then get an incredibly angry and rude text message telling me not to ever go to his work again.. Followed by a couple more angry messages.. In the end I just told him how he's unfair for purposely making me feel bad about it again and doing so while I was at work and completely being unappreciative of the gesture because his work colleagues had made it a big deal.. I told him if he was going to be nasty that he should just leave me alone and he did..

I left him to sulk for a few hours and went home to my parents instead to come home to find him sitting in silence on his own.. I am just going to leave him to it and pull back now I think...

What kind of inappropriate comments were made by those he works with? On a construction site? Well the issue isn't with you its with them!

Hereforyou
    Like how I am attractive and the types of things they would do to me, I am a relatively slim lady with "womanly" assets if that makes sense so mostly comments about those and so on....

No the issue was entirely with them but he made me feel dreadful about it...

My Dad used to be a chippie, then worked up to a site engineer after years as a site manager. I know how sites can be.... Did you know that he didn't want you to go to his work?

Hereforyou
    I knew that he didn't want me to meet him at his work to go for something to eat after.. Unless I took him a change of clothes as he wouldn't have felt comfortable.....

When he was working round the corner from where I worked he used to meet me and we used to go home together.. But apparently that was okay because I wasn't in front of the site and I wasn't dressed as nicely....

So you knew that he wasn't comfortable with you dressing nicely near his site? And you took him a present which could have resulted in him being teased etc? I can see why he was upset if you knew it was an issue for him...