Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

It sounds like his Dr is on the case and is checking on him which is brilliant. He's probably exhausted....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    Yeah the doctor actually does seem really good.. Even said to him that he may have been depressed for longer than he realises which I personally agree with...

I am really hopeful that once he starts to sleep better he may start to improve... He's been really good these last couple of days.. He's seemed his normal self.. He still feels like they're not working or helping.. And I am not sure if he feels like that because he's still being negative........

Sweetheart he isn't going to be better in a couple of weeks. He didn't get this poorly that quickly and it'll take time for him to get better and more stable....

Hereforyou
    Of course not.. I know that myself.. It's him that's struggling with the length of time it's taking...

But I am trying to help him try to be positive a tiny bit by saying these last couple of weeks he had seemed less miserable....

Maybe trying to give him space to think about something else rather than his mood might help - maybe suggest going for a walk together with a camera or doing something completely different? A game or something?

Hereforyou
    Most of the time we do things to take his mind off of his mood.. We go to the gym daily.. We eat dinner together... We walk our dog... It was just yesterday with him being so down that it came up again.. It's not something we talk about daily.. Only when he seems to want to talk about it and I certainly don't want to brush away his feelings or close him down if/when he wants to talk....

Just out of curiosity... Does anyone have any experience with something similar when it comes to the medication..? He was given 20mg of Citalopram that he feels weren't working.. So now they have given him 40mg of Citalopram... Has that ever worked for anyone.. A stronger dosage of the same medication...?

Yes it's very common to start on a lower dose then go back (often in a couple of weeks) to get a higher dose or a change in medication if the side effects are really bad.

Hereforyou
    Does that work sometimes then..? Or is it just a formality..??

Yes it often works...

Hereforyou
    Fingers crossed then it works for him.. We've had a fun day so far.. Had a water fight together as the weather has been nice... And I bought him a l ittle treat with a note to say "because I love you" ......

Trying my hardest to do things to make him happy.....