Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

Actually, I’d say that was significant progress. The fact he’s actually telling you what he’s been thinking is, imho, a great step forward for you both
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

ahh we cross posted!
    I think that he's talking to you and he's trying the "fake it till you make it" thing - which can actually help, but it's exhausting to try to pretend. I think he's doing brilliantly by actually talking!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    Do you think so.. He's always told me vaguely what's wrong.. But he said he's trying to put a smile on his face to not make everyone miserable...

I think it's a positive step forward!

Hereforyou
    I hope so... I was feeling so optimistic and then that happened and I wasn't....

He's so hung up on what caused it and I keep telling him not to focus on that because he may never know.... And I told him that he expects me to take his word for it that he loves me when he's not acting like it so he needs to take my word for it when I say it's not him....

Is not that easy lovely. I wish it was, but it just isn't...

Hereforyou
    What do I do then ..?

It’s easier said than done but you need to give it some time. It’s still really early days and, from what you’ve said, there has been a little improvement so there's hope ....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hereforyou
    I really want to.... I felt like there was progress too but he doesn't think there has been any..

This morning he looked so sad going to work.. It looked like he might cry.. I am not sure if that's because he's had a break and doesn't want to now go back or if that's because I was home again and he didn't want to go in but be just looked so sad.. I wish I could take all of his pain away.....

Hereforyou
    How do I stop the feelings that I am making him frustrated..?

Today he seemed okay-ish until later on in the evening.. I went to go and give him a cuddle and as I was about to he just went "oh please don't" and I asked what and he said he thought I was going to attack him (play fight, something we haven't done in month ... It left me feeling really turned away so I just left to walk our dog...

When I came back he seemed fine again and then he started to get a bad belly so it was back to being frustrated.. I was asking if there's anything I can do or get him only to be met with a frustrated sounding "no" .. Then when we were laying in bed he told me how he's fed up with this side effects of his tummy and I asked him if he wanted a cuddle and he said yes but I noticed him moving so I asked if he wanted me to move and he replied again with a frustrated no..!

I said to him that I was sorry if I was frustrating him but didn't even get an acknowledgement back ...

I hate feeling like I have to ask for a cuddle (because he would never give me one) and I hate giving him a cuddle feeling like he just doesn't want me to...

Should I pull back and just leave all physical intimacy alone..??