Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

Hunni, we’re no experts in the field of hobbies and anything we could suggest is not going to be better than anything you could come up with, as you know him best
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hereforyou
    He would love the deathstar but it's super expensive haha..

I've found some puzzles we could do and I am going to look for a model car of his favourite car and mine.. He's a great drawer too so I might ask for him to draw me some stuff.. I think that'll be good..

Great!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    I will do that.. Thanks for the advice..

Yesterday he came home like his normal self... It was the first time for a couple of days that he didn't seem incredibly low.. He then went out with his paintball team.. He didn't drink much at all and came home quite late but he seemed to enjoy himself..

That's great! Have you spoken to him about maybe doing something together?

Hereforyou
    He's gone to paintball today so he's not around.. His said goodbye quiet early this morning whilst I was still asleep.. Came upstairs 3 times and each time still said goodbye with a kiss and his forehead to my lips...

I've asked a couple of days ago about doing something together and he said he didn't want to be around people.. But be might be feeling a little less low now so perhaps I can approach the subject again soon..

It's my birthday Tuesday so I am nervous about what's happening for that...

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Just be aware that although there can be good days, it doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be well enough to go out and be around people. I'm in an ok mood today compared to how low I have been recently, but I know I wouldn't be able to go out and be around people.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (22-04-18)

Hereforyou
    Well he went out for drinks with his paintball team on Saturday and then went to paintball yesterday.. He came home and said he had a good day and played well..

He had forgotten his antidepressants so said that maybe that's why he's been feeling rubbish all day.. But he really didn't seem it at all so I am a tad confused as only 2 days before he was incredibly low so there is some progress in my eyes... Just perhaps not in his :/ ..

Forgetting an anti d can make you feel awful, if he's struggling anyway, then this is likely to have a huge impact.

Hereforyou
    That's what's confusing me though.. He didn't seem like he was struggling at all.. For 2 days straight he did seem really really bad and really low.. But then on Saturday and Sunday he seemed to be much better and able to cope better.. Even being a bit more affectionate when he came home yesterday and opened his arms to me to cuddle up to him on the sofa (which was wonderful ) something he hasn't done for months..