Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

Sorry that was meant to be "3 days straight" ....

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Like I've said, there can still be good days, and maybe the paintballing was just what he needed, but if he says he felt awful then he felt awful. I seem fine to everyone most days, yet inside I'm disappointed I woke up. To everyone else I can seem great, laughing and joking, but in my head, I'm fighting the urge to swallow a handful of my mums controlled drugs, I'm fighting the urge to get out my nail scissors and carve into my arm. He may have felt more able to cope yesterday, but it doesn't mean he was ok.
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

I am sorry you feel that way.. I guess you're probably right...

I am just worried that he will continue to be negative and find something wrong all of the time even if he is getting better...

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It might be an idea for you to look at the Time to Change website. It isn't about continuing to be negative and finding something wrong all the time and I really hope you've not made that comment to him. I've had that kind of comment made to me by a friend who said he will always be there for me and will always listen. I refuse to lean on him now. I would rather struggle on alone then turn to him.
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

No I haven't said that to him.. I have said that he needs to try to remain positive in general though when he's talked about never getting better and so on..

It was nice that he offered me a cuddle so I am pleased about that because it has been such a long time.. I hope tomorrow goes okay...

Glad that you got your cuddle lovely.
    There's only us, There's only this, Forget regret, Or life is your to miss,
    No other road, No other way, No day but today. (Rent. Jonathan Larson)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Hereforyou (Yesterday)

Sometimes its about taking it hour by hour. Im struggling at the moment and my husband will tell me that, for instance, I seem better now than I did this morning. Sometimes my mood can change in a matter of hours. I hope this makes sense
    Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. Arthur Ashe

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (Yesterday)

Thank you Suzi .. I am glad too.... Small victories ..

I don't want to mention it too much.. I know he gets upset and says how he doesn't want to talk so I always leave it to him when it comes to talking about his depression....