Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Thread: boyfriends depression breaking my heart SU trigger

Being snappy and irritated all the time is being horrible. I have depression and anxiety but I’m not awful to my family all the time.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hereforyou
    But like you guys says depression affects people in various different ways.. He's always had a problem with anger but never to this extent...

Are you guys all thinking now that this is his way of wanting to end things between us..??

I have no idea about that, but I do know that having anxiety and depression does not mean you are or should be horrible to those you claim to love.... I know I wouldn't accept it from my husband. The same as he wouldn't accept it from me..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hereforyou
    I don't know then.. Everytime I tell him he says he's not doing it on purpose and how its not just me he's doing it to.. He says he doesn't know how to stop himself doing it and just feels like he's getting worse..

Perhaps I should just end it like everyone days.. Perhaps he doesn't love me and that's why he's pushing me away...

Until he's seen his doctor or until you both talk properly either on your own or with relationship counselling I can't tell you what you should do...

Hunni, we can not tell you what you should be doing. All we can give you is the benefit of our experiences, you are the only one who can decide whether it helps or not. I don’t know what you should do, I do think you’re in an awful situation. I wish I had answers but I don’t. Relationship counselling may give you those answers
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Angepange01
    Hi
    Can i start by saying its not your fault your boyfriend has depression!! Its a mental illness and yes they can blame you for how they are feeling and make you feel like if you change the way you are or the things you do or act then it will somehow make them better. NOT TRUE!! My husband when hes feeling low and in a bad place blames me for everything. He wouldnt be moody if the kitchen was cleaner or he could find his socks!! Believe me ive heard it all he will even go back 15 years and think of a row we had and say if you hadnt done that or said that hed be ok. Again NOT TRUE!! He is struggling with a mental illness and unfortunately all you can do is be there to love and support them. It can be very hard when they are being mean for sure but if you have a strong enough relationship you can get through anything. If he needs a little space then give it to him but just let him know you are there for him when he needs you. But please know nothing you did caused his depression its not your fault and its something he will have to learn to live with and seek help for if he wants to get any better.

That's a great post in support, however the thread is about a year old....