Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hey I’m sad

sallyb
    Hi Suzi that’s a good idea to check the list for what is necessary. I try to do that but I just end up with sub lists! And when I’m eventually done with my list I don’t know what to do with myself. I honk I’ve forgotten what I like doing. I like knitting. And I think I like walking in nature but it’s been so long I can’t remwmber. I like bubble baths. Reading. Baking. I’ve been thinking of starting whittling! Make some nice spoons. But I feel guilty spending time and money on my self which I guess is linked to low self esteem.

I may have missed it but you didn’t mention family in your previous posts ....... Sally, the number one rule around here is that you can’t take care of others if you haven’t taken care of yourself first.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Can you try to make time - like an appointment with yourself to do something lovely just for you?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

sallyb
    So far today I’m watching the new Grey’s Anatomy episode with coffee before I do anything else.

I have a difficult relationship with my parents. My dad drank a lot and my mum worked a lot to make sure bills could be paid so me and my brother didn’t get much of what we needed from them. My dad shouted a lot and said horrible horrible things. We used to beg my mum to leave him but she wouldn’t. I think this is the core of my low self esteem and feeling of never being worth enough for anyone.

I have a partner of 12 years. And he’s great. Kind. Makes me laugh a lot. But... he also has a massive anxiety disorder which has governed his whole life. He also struggles daily with things which means he leans on me a lot. I mostly have to put him first and then try squeeze in time for me. I feel like I never relax because I’m waiting for the next ‘can you help me?’ He also runs his own business which is beyond stressful and the reason we don’t have much money.

So I’m sad, depressed, have chronic migraines, stressed, worried about money, and never ever relax or find joy, never put myself first. I’m trying to find what I like and how I can relax and have some time to myself.

I'm glad you are watching the episode first.

What things do you enjoying? For example, I love to crochet and cross stitch so those are things I do for me. I love to take the dogs out for a wander, I love to sit and talk to the fish (and currently frogspawn) in our pond or watch stuff on TV.. And bake.

sallyb
    Hi Suzi wow we are twins! I like knitting and embroidery. Baking. Crafting. Reading. Going for a wander in the fresh air. Cinema by myself. Oh I might see what is on Monday afternoon and take the afternoon off work!

Oh Sally how awesome!!!!
    What is "work?" Favourite novel? Author? Recipe?

Hi sally......you're good at lots of things and that's great for distraction. I like knitting and baking...not very good at crochet and can only do squares!....I'm knitting my granddaughter a cardi at the moment - she's 6 - it's got a pattern which is taking me a while, but because it has little diamond patterns all over it, I'm supposed to stitch a glass bead in the middle of the triangles...probably about 250...I DON'T THINK SO!!!... I thought of gluing them on but then they might all ping on the floor when she takes it off! so I shall buy sparkly buttons instead!.....I hope you have a lazy day today and treat yourself to something nice. Good to meet you..take care.

smelly_steph
    hi welcome.

I'm stephanie (steph)

hope you find this forum a good one to use

sallyb
    Oh Flo I hope you mean buttons for the front of the cardy rather than sewing on 250 individual buttons. I knitted a jumper with pearls in once which was fine as you threaded the pearls onto your knitting yarn and then every so often just pulled one up into the main body and carried on knitting.

Today I haven’t done great at having a day to myself. I did watch an episode of Nashville while I had coffee before doing anything else. But then I met a friend who is having a tough time for coffee. And then done some sewing for my partner who can’t sew. I did tell him it’s about time he learnt to sew! Then I had lunch. And then did some mindfulness. Tonight I am hoping we can watch Paddington 2.

My job is teaching. Rewarding but busy.