Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: hey I’m sad

sallyb
    I find listening to audio books is really soothing. I listen to while I wash up, while I get ready for work. So nice being told a story and so nice to be engaged in something. I used to bowlrrow for free from the library but seem to have listened to most of them.

The. I came across ‘Listening Books’ it’s a charity set up for people with disability including depression to be able to access audiobooks cheaper. It’s £20 a year to join and they have a huge selection. Stephen Fry is the patron

https://www.listening-books.org.uk

I love Stephen Fry!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by sallyb View Post
    I find listening to audio books is really soothing. I listen to while I wash up, while I get ready for work. So nice being told a story and so nice to be engaged in something. I used to bowlrrow for free from the library but seem to have listened to most of them.

The. I came across ‘Listening Books’ it’s a charity set up for people with disability including depression to be able to access audiobooks cheaper. It’s £20 a year to join and they have a huge selection. Stephen Fry is the patron

https://www.listening-books.org.uk
    I love audiobooks, there;s almost nothing more soothing when you need to close you eyes and escape. My favourites are my Tolkien collection and Homer's Odyssey

Fantastic taste in stories!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    I love audiobooks, there;s almost nothing more soothing when you need to close you eyes and escape. My favourites are my Tolkien collection and Homer's Odyssey
    I can’t do that. As I’m always exhausted, every time I close my eyes I fall asleep - so end up having to try every chapter again lol
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I love Stephen Fry!
    Me too!!!

sallyb
    I can’t get to sleep without listening to a radio 4 play on the radio app. I never get through the whole story but it is so soothing and helps me concentrate on the story rather than all the thoughts and worries rushing through my head