Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried cbd oil other alternative therapies?

Recoveringme

Anyone tried cbd oil other alternative therapies?

I've been a member on here for a while and whilst I read it usually deal in silence. Now I'm sure there are many different opinions but after I kicked my AD'S on the head after a traumatic period in my life, my depression has been self managed with counselling and stubbornness. After hitting another really bad phase I have decided that before I go back to my docs I am trialling cbd oil as an alternative, I have been on venlefaxine for 2 years after reoccurring mental breakdowns and have tried other ANTI D'S it seemed to work for me but a breakdown in September made me quit ALL medication(including a 20 year cannabis habit albeit a small one 2-3 joints a day) I am 7 months clean of all toxins and my low points have become really bad all following a marriage breakdown that I had no control over and crazily in love with my wife.
    My question is is anyone else trying alternative therapy including CBD?

Completely cutting all meds off is not advised or advocated here this my personal story
    Also I have heavily researched CBD and it's properties and am not saying this is a cure or medically advised without proffesional consultation

No, and I won’t, for various reasons but if it works for you and what you’re taking is below the 0.05% THC requirements, then fair enough. Though I must point out that anyone on other medication should consider any contraindications and talk to their doctor.

My sister in law has MS and finds CBD oil has helped her. I’m glad you’ve found something that is helping you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I know lots of people taking it for other conditions who have found it very helpful - but again I'd have to stress about the levels and talking to your medical team first - especially if you are starting to alter your doses of anything else too.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Recoveringme
    I am not taking anything else as stated

And the levets of thc are minimal I have heavily researched it is am medication dispenser in my job and if you look at the bottom of my post I stated
    Completely cutting all meds off is not advised or advocated here this my personal story
    Also I have heavily researched CBD and it's properties and am not saying this is a cure or medically advised without proffesional consultation
    Last edited by Suzi; 13-03-18 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Merging posts. Please try not to double post minutes apart. Thanks!

You're really defensive and I promise you have no need to be. As site owner I have a duty to remind people to check things over with their GP. I have been researching it for my own use too, so I'm definitely not dismissing it at all!

Recoveringme
    Defensive maybe the replies felt like an attack because I had suggested something out of the norm. My original post was not just about cbd it was about alternative therapies in general
    Apologies if I took them wrong but that's how it came across to me

The oil I use is THC free
    Last edited by Jarre; 13-03-18 at 07:37 PM. Reason: merged as requested

I know that so many want to try anything to help them get better, but you have to understand that I'm rather over protective over my members and my forum If my response sounded like an attack, I promise you it wasn't meant that way at all. Many of us use "alternative" therapies to help deal with our own illnesses so we're really open to talking about things like that, but so many come to spam too!

So the CBD is helping? It's great you've kicked the cannabis habit too.

Recoveringme
    I'm trialing it for myself to see. i have been pretty much on my ass with depression over the last 10 days not sleeping for days not eating not wanting to get out of bed or leave the house even though I have pretty much forced myself to work cause I need to keep a roof over my head, I have suffered years of depression, mental health issues, and anxiety but I am looking into a possible psychological induced bi polar disorder and am awaiting some psychotherapy counselling, I literally take 3 tiny drops under my tongue in the AM and 3 in the pm my depresssive symptoms lifted within hrs.
    Now this could be fluke it could be the worst of it naturally passing, or maybe there is something in it.
    It's only been a few days and am gonna give it a month and see where I am then.
    I am not naive to think that this is in anyway a miracle healing potion but I have tried so many prescription meds that I thought I would at least give it a go.
    Will keep you updated

I'd be interested to hear how you get on..

Recoveringme
    OK so over 2 weeks of taking the oil I am shocked myslef just how much it has helped I was always sceptical and actually didn't believe it would do anything well my mood improved within days I have started doing things I haven't wanted to in months and although I still have sad days the black cloud isn't there and the depressive symptoms have dissapeared I no longer feel unable to cope and I have had some quite heavy things happen to me over the last few weeks and I have been able to deal with them. Anxiety isn't there the heavy weight of depression has lifted and I no longer feel surrounded by the dense sadness that my depression used to bring. I am continuing to take it and I am amazed just how much it is helping.