Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am so run down

Tia

I am so run down

For the past few weeks I have been going through the motions of life and getting on with things. Mentally I have good and bad days. Work has been challenging with obstacles , dead lines and the usual run of the mill complaints. There is always someone in authority pushing for the unachievable. On top of this my disabled sibling has to travel four hours for an operation that is very risky because of her health issues. As usual ,and because I am next of kin
    I am always there , well there isn't anybody else to support her apart from her carers. Financially I can't afford to go with her but have arranged some accommodation and some time off work to be with her. Its been a lot of stress. To be honest I am worried sick about it all and have been ill with coughs and colds for three weeks now. I guess I am a little run down with life and trying to hold it all together. I don't feel sorry for myself I just feel so god dam tired. The blasted peri menopause isn't helping matters. Life really gets you down at times.

when’s your sisters op?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Tia
    Next Monday all being well. We travel on the Sunday so I can get her settled in the hospital with her carer and then I can go back to the hotel. I think because the hospital is so far away it adds to the stress of it all. Its not as though she had any choice as its the only hospital in the country who will take the risk.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Will be thinking about you both
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Sounds like you've got loads going on and I'm not surprised you are finding things tough. Can you find time to do something just for you?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Tia
    Thank you. I think my first priority is some much needed sleep. I am working right up until Sunday so fingers crossed I don't get another cold. There are plenty of books in my bedroom and its time to give them an outing.

Definitely get as much sleep as you can.

Tia
    I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The operation has been cancelled as my sister has an infection. The op will be re scheduled but now I have time to get over my weeks off being ill and I can save some money to pay for accommodation, travel tickets and taxis. My sister is completely in aware of all the planning that goes in to her hospital visits and doesn't know how at risk she is when under anaesthetic. That is a blessing in its self. I will go and visit her over the weekend.

Sorry it's been cancelled, but I can the positives too.

So hopefully you can build up some reserves before the op
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.