Thread: I should probably say hi... *AB TRIGGERS*

smelly_steph

I should probably say hi... *AB TRIGGERS*

hi,

I'm steph

I joined in january of 2018, but spent some time lurking before actually feeling ready to post

I am 31, and have spent my life moving around from place to place, being abused (most of it physyical)

where I am now is that I've just moved again, and I'm really struggling with past abuse memories- and wanting answers, and wanting people to confront me and tell me why,

why me... out of all the people you could abuse and hurt, why me.

I have a lot of emotions because of all this abuse, and a lot of issues.... I've just scratched the surface

hopefully being here's going to help talk through things and make me feel a little better

steph
    Last edited by Jaquaia; 11-03-18 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Trigger warning added as per DWD procedure

QPRFan
    Hi Steph

This is a good place and community . I'm sure a grown up will be along in a minute but welcome .

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Hi and welcome Steph. I've added a trigger warning to your post because of some of the content. It's nothing to worry about, it's just so others can avoid it if they feel it will be a trigger.

I'm not sure you will ever get the answers to "why?" I still haven't. I find the best thing to do is to learn how to deal with those memories and move past them, counselling can help a huge deal with that, it has me. It might be worth speaking to your gp and seeing if they can direct you to any services.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I also gave up on getting answers to the "why me" questions - but I was helped massively by an amazing psych years ago who worked with me on moving forward from "victim" to "survivor." It was really specific therapy - maybe there is something near you like that which you could access?
    Have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling?

Sorry, welcome to the group. I'm really glad you've managed to post. Well done.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi Steph and welcome to DWD
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

smelly_steph
    hi Jaquaia,

you're probably right, "why", is probably not an answer I'll ever get.

it's hard to deal with though, because some of the things they did to me was just bad and really not needed.

you'll have to show me how I can do that trigger code

sorry for anyone who might have saw this before the trigger was their

The trigger warning is easy, just an * AB/SU/SH trigger* - AB - Abuse, SU - Suicide, SH - Self Harm

No one deserves any form of abuse, ever...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Hi and welcome, why is one of those questions that will in reality never get answered sadly,
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR