Thread: Lithium blood tests

Lithium blood tests

One of the requirements of lithium therapy are regular blood tests. These detect the levels of lithium in the blood. My GP also asks for thyroid and liver function as lithium can mess these up. I went for my blood test today and in the post is another blood form ? When did they start sending out forms when you are a few days overdue ? It's good that they keep a record of these things but it is very wasteful as I am due or a few days overdue ??

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Isnt it better to get a reminder incase you had forgotten though

My daughter Hazel has an underactive thyroid and her blood forms are sent out each time. I don't think that it's anything to worry about, but if you're concerned then mention it to your Dr.
    Today I aim to be the best person I can be.
    That mean that yesterday or tomorrow I might be a better person,
    but today's best is more than good enough for today.

I'm not concerned but curious after after all these years they are sending out reminders ? Is it a NICE thing or a government incentive ? I just think they could spend the money on something more deserving ?

Well, maybe they think that you are worth them spending that money on because you are unique and amazing and wonderful?
    Today I aim to be the best person I can be.
    That mean that yesterday or tomorrow I might be a better person,
    but today's best is more than good enough for today.

I normally get a phone call when mine are due. Different areas have different systems, I suppose, maybe yours are trying something new
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best.