Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back here again

Glad it was good even though your colleague was there.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

QPRFan
    I did nearly go home but we were tucked away in a corner. It'd just the stigma and guilt . It gets to me . Surely if you well enough to have lunch with your family, you are well enough to work . No one knows what's happening on the inside or the fact you overcame anxiety to do something they find easy. Nights are really hard . I'm sleeping but often can't drown out the negativity and cry . And I get scared. I do eventually calm down but my mind races .

Can you try things like meditation to try to help?

QPRFan
    My distraction technique is podcasts that I listen to. They seem to help. It's in the gap that the thoughts come . Also they come more now because of my guilt with being off . I do some deep breathing too and this helps . Thanks I will try .

Niffler
    How about audio books of an evening when you can’t aleep too? Headphones in eyes shut listen and then nod off? Hope tomorrow is a better day

QPRFan
    Good shout Niffler. I'll get some downloaded . Tomorrows tough as I talk to my boss who won't have seen this coming . As I said I'm good at acting like I'm ok but at huge cost . Thanks for stopping by .

I listen to the radio/watch movies/read/craft which helps me drown out stuff - have you tried any of those?

QPRFan
    Radio and podcasts are my drowning out preferences . I can't concentrate to read at the moment . A shame as I'm a bookworm .

Anxiety at 10 just now and very little sleep as I have to phone my boss. I'd rather not .

How you doing lovely?

QPRFan
    Not made the call yet . Full of anxiety still about doing so . I'll call at 10:30. I don't want to be questioned today I just want to say that I've been signed off and why . I'm not ready for that conversation at the moment. I feel physically sick