Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back here again

I’m trying not to nag, but it’s so important to eat regularly and drink lots of water. Your body is trying to heal and it needs fuel to do that.....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

QPRFan
    I know you're not and thanks I will try to .

I will nag.... Losing that amount of weight in such a short space of time really isn't good. You have to eat and drink or you aren't giving your brain what it needs and it means it's more anxious - according to my husband's psychotherapist! (She nagged almost as much as me!) You have to eat breakfast, lunch and diner. Breakfast doesn't have to be massive, but what about cereal or breakfast bars/biscuits?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

QPRFan
    Just ate a kebab . Was lovely and needed. I've run marathons and stuff so I know the importance of fuelling to recover too mentally and physically. Missed a lot of meals in the last few weeks . Will always eat with OH but don't always eat if I'm alone .

If that sounded stroppy it wasn't meant . Thanks Suzi

You asking me to stop nagging?

QPRFan
    Never nag away . Today's been an ok day I know they aren't all like this . Next week will be hard when I talk to my boss and my guilt and anxiety ramp backup I'll start to not look after myself again . So you're not nagging l, you're caring . Thanks for that it means a lot

I don't think anyone's told me to carry on nagging I do care - hugely.

I don't think you have anything to feel guilty about - you haven't chosen to be ill. You haven't done this on purpose. I mean it...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

QPRFan
    Thanks . The phone call will be tomorrow . I push myself hard to cover to how I feel abd must if the time by monitoring my mood etc I cope. I'm not coping at the moment though . Just feel guilty being away from work and my team but my poor mental health was affecting them and my work . I just feel useless and a failure . The only good thing is I know recovery happens because I've had it . It seems a long way off now

You are not a failure. Not at all!
    You really shouldn't feel guilty lovely. You need to focus on you and the basics to work your way out...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

QPRFan
    Managed out for Mother's Day lunch with my OH family . Only to find a work colleague where I was. Fortunately she didn't see me but it was awkward till she went with her family. Lovely meal though . And I was looked after.