Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi I’m new to this

DavidV

Hi I’m new to this

It was suggested by my gp that I look at this forum. It is a way of getting my concerns out there he told me.
    So my issues started with my divorce 2015 - 2017. I had a lot of problems my wife blamed me for everything and wouldn’t talk to me but I moved on. The divorce came through in April 2017 then my ex wife died in the August. I didn’t think it would affect me but it did and the house hadn’t sold so stress from that as well. So I have to sell a house with a will executor who won’t talk to me due to the divorce and then last week the house which is empty has a water leak. On top of this I bought a house for my new family, getting married in may, for my to be wife and 22 month old daughter. So money is tight. The insurance won’t pay for the damage as the house is empty. I can’t pay as I have no spare cash and the other side won’t pay either. What do I do.? Also my job is under threat due to redundancy so I could lose everything.
    I feel too relied on. Who do I turn to? No one. I can’t handle the pressure. I got worried when I went to the house and kept seeing my dead ex wife to the left of my periferal vision. Whenever I go there I see her. I keeping thinking all I need to do is drive into a truck. If I don’t die I might be in hospital long enough so someone else deals with th8ngs. I know it’s stupid but I am tempted. Not done it though.
    I’ve got 2 weeks off sick at the moment and I need to sort out my life, but how?

Hi and welcome. It certainly sounds like you are really under a huge amount of pressure.
    Have you told your Dr everything you are telling us?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi and welcome to DWD
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

DavidV
    Hi. Yes I told my gp everything. I never been that honest about my feelings before.

That's brilliant! I know it's really tough to do, but it's really important.

Niffler
    Welcome, it is hard to be honest but well done for sharing. I’m sorry you are going through a very rough time. Everyone here is lovely, so you talk away

DavidV
    I though was getting over th I get then the house with the leak. I got an email from the other owner my ex wife's will exec. It wasn't nice. The comments basically said I caused the divorce so I need to fix the house. They only know one side of the story. No one knows mine. All this set mebackso far. I feel worthless. Like no one cares about me. My fiancee does her best but I can't seem to lift myself out of the hole I'm in.

I feel like walking away from everything and hiding away somewhere where no one knows me.
    Last edited by Suzi; 09-03-18 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Merging posts. Please try not to double post minutes apart. Thanks!

QPRFan
    Keep talking and go back to your doctor . If you can get a longer time away take it. Take care of yourself too .

Did your dr talk to you about treatment - meds, talking therapies etc?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Have you spoken to anyone about it?