Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi I’m new to this

DavidV
    I've spoken to my go that's all. So I'm on my own. What's sets me off Is, m you g to visit the house tomorrow back on the ceiling etc and I have this feeling of impending doom. I'm trying to not think about it but it's there waiting to envelop me. How do I move On?

Did your GP give you any ideas or just a 2 week sick note?

Can you focus on the basics to start with - getting up, showering, eating/drinking enough, taking meds (if appropriate) and maybe trying to get some exercise?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

DavidV
    I've been feeling a lot better over the last few weeks to the extent that i went back to work. I felt a lot better, then this week-end i had a really bad dream that set me back a long way. Stupid how a dream affects me. Then today "house" stuff started again and i feel like i'm back to square one. i expected set backs but not of this magnitude. Guess its a learning process, so small steps. but i feel aweful today. so i start fighting again. "Put the house stuff in a box and put it on a mental shelf" easier said than done.

Glad you were feeling brighter. Do you want to talk about the dream and the house stuff? It might help to get it all out of your head....

DavidV
    The dream was stupid, i dont know why it got to me but, i am getting married on 4th May. the dream consisted on me working away from home and i video called my partner and she tried to cancel the call but answered by mistake and i saw here cheating on me. i know and believe she never would, but i just couldnt get it out of my head. I spiralled downards as soon as i woke up.
    the house sale. its my ex-family home from the divorce. this morning i got 2 emails saying there were 2 viewings, which is good. then a text saying my ex-wife's freind stayed at the house last week-end. My ex-wife died last august, so she is ithe will executor. for some reason it got to me and i started shaking and got the butterflies in my stomach and felt sick and anxious. i went for a walk at lunchtime taking deep breaths and sat on a bench and gave myself a good telling off. i must have look crazy, but it has worked to a point. i'm better than i was. Small steps. i now realise there is no quick and simple answer. I keep thinking once the house sells all this will be over but i now realise all i will do is replace it with something else. which i mustnt do.

You’ve learnt coping mechanisms which you used today. That proves you’re not back at square one as you might not have been able to calm yourself previously. But it gets me too, despite my years of ‘experience’ when I have a wobble.

As for the dream, have you talked to your partner about it?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You're getting married on Star Wars Day? That's cool, seriously cool...
    Talk to your partner, sweetheart I bet any of us had horrible dreams pre wedding! Definitely talk to her about it.
    Why was she staying in the house? I think that's very odd!

I'm so glad you managed to use your coping strategies! Well done!!

Morning! Marrying on Star Wars Day? Amazing! Are you and your fiancee and guests dressing to a Star Wars theme? You've got a lot on your mind, so it's not surprising you're having weird dreams. Everything is jumbled up at the moment. You'll soon be married and settled, so fingers crossed everything else will settle down too.

Try not to worry about strange dreams because they bear no relation to reality.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

DavidV
    re: the wedding on Star Wars day. we are notdressing up, she wouldn't hear of it. but our daughter is called Leia, so it was the obvious choice and we are walking out after the service to the theme from the throne room.
    feel better today, but why do we have these wobbles?