Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie

There’s some info here http://www.dealingwithdepression.co....n-alternatives from other members about medication.

The general rule of thumb is that there will be some side effects to start with but these will lessen over time for most people. ADs generally take several weeks to kick in so it’s still very early days.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    The increased anxiety was a side effect I had!

Stick with it, it can be 4-8 weeks before they reach therapeutic level and then you may need a dosage adjustment which will take the same length of time to take effect, but if the side effects becomes too unbearable, please go back to your gp.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I completely agree with Paula and Jaq. Definitely stick with it if you can.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JanuaryKing
    Just wanted to give a quick update. I've been taking Sertraline for about 5 weeks now (up to 100mg as of last week) and am really beginning to feel better about things. Obviously the glorious sunshine (even up here in Manchester...) helps but my mood is much better generally. Thanks ever so much for all your advice, I'd no idea that medication could help so much! I still need to find a job but I'm in a much better place mentally to approach that task.

Thanks again

That's such a brilliant post! So glad things are looking brighter
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Great to hear !
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.