Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nothing changes **Trigger warning**

What are you scared of lovely?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Love, will you at least consider asking the dr about meds?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    What are you scared of lovely?
    Being like this forever: waking up every morning, wishing I wouldn't; the future, being alone, meds not helping, so I will be like this forever; not being able to explain why I hate myself. I have no interest in anything. I go to work everyday, pretending to know what I am doing. I am tired all the time. Talking is hard, explaining myself is exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Love, will you at least consider asking the dr about meds?
    I tried it before, saw the GP for what felt like 3 minutes, and she prescribed me some antidepressants without any real questions, just some tears (because i had relationship problems) were enough. That was 3 years ago. I took them for a month. The thought of taking them freaked me out.
    Last edited by Suzi; 03-03-18 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Merging posts. Please try not to double post minutes apart. Thanks!

And talking makes everything worse. Its much easier to ignore how I feel or what I think and just keep doing my day to day.

I understand that, but really lovely I think you need more than the counselling - would you go and talk to them? Taking them for a month isn't giving them a fair chance as they take roughly 6 weeks to get into your system and the same for any other meds change

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha340 View Post
    And talking makes everything worse. Its much easier to ignore how I feel or what I think and just keep doing my day to day.
    And you wonder why things don’t change. There’s only one person who can change things and that’s you. If you don’t try you’ll never achieve anything. Whatever it is you’re doing isn’t working so you need to change it up and remember there is no quick fix. It takes time to get this bad and it’ll take time to get better. It takes more than a couple of weeks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

Flo (04-03-18)

Stellar, I know that. It's all on me.

Thing is, you do have options and personally I'd advocate you talking over all your options with your Dr. Is it a private or NHS counsellor you are seeing? Do you find it helps at all?

Private counseling. I think it does. Encourages me to see different sides. She is the only person I can talk to without feeling judged or as a failure. I need to bring up the not wanting to exist subject. I don't want to come across as suicidal.

So have you not mentioned this to your GP since you last had some anti d's?