Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-introduction

Niffler

Re-introduction

Hi all,

I’m 32 year old woman, recently came on to the forum and have been chatting to a few of you about my now ex and what I thought was another wobble as he suffers from SAD. I thought I would re-introduce myself properly.

I have been off work now for 2 months due to stress. I have been on Fluoxitine sine last April due to PMS and inability to sleep. But since being off work my doctor upped the dose.

It’s only been a week since our break up but I’m incredibly low. I had upped my dose myself initially as Olathe doctor had advised in the past the amount I could go up to if needed. But I found that caused me headaches. So only did it for 2 days so I’m back to what they prescribed 2 months ago. I am due to see them next week to see if I am ready to go back to work.

Since last week I have been feeling really low and to the point where I feel I don’t want to be here. This only seems to last of an evening and I don’t think it is something I would ever do but that seems to be how low I am and it’s scared me. I am hurting and I know that is normal but I’m not sure this is.

I’m feeling like I’m being melodramatic and this is all in my head and I’m not sure what to do. I keep myself busy and haven’t been to the gym for some time as it feels like pressure if that makes sense?!

Hi Hunni . It’s not melodramatic at all. You’re going through a lot of tough stuff right now. Can you bring your appt forward at all?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Niffler
    My doctors surgery is pretty busy and it’s that doctor that seems to understand so am nervous to see anyone else. I could try and ring but it generally takes 2 weeks to book in.....pain! I’m still due to ring about counselling so if I feel up to it today I will. Today is the first day I have no plans but I’m in the mood to just do nothing and watch a bit of trashy tv

Sometimes, that’s exactly what’s needed
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How are you doing lovely? Did you manage to call at all?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Niffler
    Couldn’t face calling for counselling today so will try tomorrow. Rang the doctors and they have nothing available at the moment so I have just kept my one for next week. How are you?

Cold and snotty lol!

Fair enough re Drs - maybe call tomorrow too just to check for a cancellation?

Niffler
    Yeah might be an idea, you got a cold? I’ve been sat with the curtains drawn all day watching tv. Currently eating my weight in chocolate, no ice cream or terrible renditions of I will survive yet though.....

Hit the I will survive - it's a healing process
    So you haven't been out in the snow then?

Niffler
    No snow up north, there was a tiny bit yesterday but not enough to even make a few snowballs. It is a healing process I know, just finding it hard to let go at the moment and being single at this age isn’t the same anymore. Dating isn’t like it used to be. I’m old fashioned. Still concerned about the ex as well, spent so long making sure he was ok that I’m finding it hard to believe he’s an arsehole.....but it’s evening again so I’m guessing that’s why I’m getting all anxious...