Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the weather like where you are?

follow the yellow brick road and through the door to narnia there you will find my wonderland
    Ok, so ventured to the shop and it is nasty. No snowfall here but cold as anything brrrrrr

The girls have got a snow day tomorrow! Ben hasn't as they are opening for years 10 - 13 lol......-5 here at 3pm and the temperature and the snow is falling fast!
    Today I aim to be the best person I can be.
    That mean that yesterday or tomorrow I might be a better person,
    but today's best is more than good enough for today.

Lots of snow here now. Polo is trying very hard not to need the loo because he hates snow and my geriatric Luna is loving it and doing a wonderful impression of Tigger
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    I did end up going out the snow is now frozen solid like ice so still very easy to slide and skid on, and still not good trying to get on the drive either, so going to have to get a shovel out on it I think, well persuade Ryan to!

Well as you can see, I'm up, and have been for half an hour. I dreamt that it was sunny and that snow etc. had thawed...in reality the snow is half way up the back door and tbh haven't seen snow like this for many years! Both cats still in! Fang is going nuts and running from room to room. Did a 'spot the cat poo' but haven't found any yet! In some places the snow looks as if it's about 6 plus inches and I can still hear a pattering noise on the window. Looked up Taunton weather and it would seem that there isn't much change today. Looks like all of us are in the same boat!.....@ suzi...they must need their heads read at Ben's school. If he was here, he'd hardly get through the front door!....@ Paula....our Penny - greyhound - used to love the snow and she used to jump up and down on four legs and go mad around the garden! Dear old Luna!....@ Niffler...so where do you live then?....and Angie stay put! For God's sake don't fall over! Ryan either. Love to you allxxx

follow the yellow brick road and through the door to narnia there you will find my wonderland
    Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Well as you can see, I'm up, and have been for half an hour. I dreamt that it was sunny and that snow etc. had thawed...in reality the snow is half way up the back door and tbh haven't seen snow like this for many years!....@ Niffler...so where do you live then?....Love to you allxxx
    Wow really?! The kids had a snow day on Wednesday but that was due to teachers not making it in, not enough snow for the kids to play in. I love in South Cumbria. Not far from the lakes but far enough not to be isolated in weather like this. Love to you too x

Snow seems to be slowly going though the strong wind and chill factor means it is freezing.
    71 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"
    ~~~ Please check out the latest quiz in Fun and Games > Quiz I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

Flo that sounds awesome!! They've shut for years 7, 8 and 9 but open for 10 -13 lol Ben is not happy! But at least it's a short day for him! In for 930 to give staff time to get in and he finishes at lunchtime as he has no afternoon lesson! But typically we've had no more snow overnight although it's been freezing!

So, I'm not going out today as it's really icy and slippery!

Ian and I have just made a little pathway to the garden gate. We've sprinkled sand and salt on said pathway. I can't bear the feeling of being incarcerated! This means I can leg it up to the shop tomorrow for some milk....if they get a delivery!

Well done! I'm happy to lend Crash to anyone who needs to have a pathway eaten! He's rather partial to snow!