Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the weather like where you are?

What's the weather like where you are?

It's wind and snow in Somerset...with a Red Warning from 4pm this afternoon!.....what was the name of that film with Jake Guilenhal (?) in, where they had freak arctic conditions and they were stuck in the New York library tearing up books to keep warm? I've scoured my brains for the title but can't remember!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    The Day After Tomorrow!!!

Windy, cold and there's lots of snow!
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

Snowy! But the kids school is currently still open, even though we've got weather warnings and the advice is "don't drive unless you have to!" Flipping madness if you ask me. I've got a nurses appointment at 1115 but Marc's doing all the driving today as I don't like driving on ice and where it was snowy yesterday with no gritting lorries out all that snow has compacted to ice which has now been covered in more snow and you can't see the craters in the road to avoid them. So, I'm wussing out!
    Today I aim to be the best person I can be.
    That mean that yesterday or tomorrow I might be a better person,
    but today's best is more than good enough for today.

Snow! I hate snow
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    The Day After Tomorrow!!!

Windy, cold and there's lots of snow!
    That's the one Jaq!...I keep mixing it up with Independence Day! Wasn't there a sequel too? Stay warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Snowy! But the kids school is currently still open, even though we've got weather warnings and the advice is "don't drive unless you have to!" Flipping madness if you ask me. I've got a nurses appointment at 1115 but Marc's doing all the driving today as I don't like driving on ice and where it was snowy yesterday with no gritting lorries out all that snow has compacted to ice which has now been covered in more snow and you can't see the craters in the road to avoid them. So, I'm wussing out!
    That's sheer lunacy!!..there's more gritters round here than you can shake a stick at!! So what are they doing with your council tax then? I don't blame you not driving....I wouldn't. Hope all goes well with the nurse. Be careful.xx

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Snow! I hate snow
    ....yes, it does tend to foul up operations doesn't it? Maybe it'll all be gone by the weekend.xx

Well the roads round here are really icy and they've shut part of the road as it had a burst pipe last night so you can imagine how bad it is. -3 out there but Crash seems to want to be out more than in! He's loving it and eating it!
    Today I aim to be the best person I can be.
    That mean that yesterday or tomorrow I might be a better person,
    but today's best is more than good enough for today.

follow the yellow brick road and through the door to narnia there you will find my wonderland
    I haven’t ventured outside yet. I don’t intend to either.....fire is in and it’s junk food for the day.....

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Its icey compacted snow here was snowing heavy all day yesturday day, I've already nearly skidded into railings, spun a circle in the car and also nearly hit my house getting on the drive last night, not planning on venturing out today if can help it to be honest.

This is getting better by the minute...Emma is kicking in and the fall is heavier! Fluff sauntered towards the door to go out so thought I'd do her a favour and open it for her.....opened it and a 6inch drift against the door fell on her feet! You've never seen anything move so quick in your life!.....at this rate they're gonna have to be catheterised!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Well the roads round here are really icy and they've shut part of the road as it had a burst pipe last night so you can imagine how bad it is. -3 out there but Crash seems to want to be out more than in! He's loving it and eating it!
    Is Crash the dog or cat? Daft 'apeth!!

Quote Originally Posted by Niffler View Post
    I havent ventured outside yet. I dont intend to either.....fire is in and its junk food for the day.....
    Don't blame you....nothing wrong with junk food on a day like this! I've just eaten a chocky cupcake!

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Its icey compacted snow here was snowing heavy all day yesturday day, I've already nearly skidded into railings, spun a circle in the car and also nearly hit my house getting on the drive last night, not planning on venturing out today if can help it to be honest.
    Blimey Angie!...you be careful. Don't go anywhere. Stay warm and watch tele!