Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: its getting better

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    How're your living arrangements now?
    Im still in the same flat which is going pretty qell.

Have lowered my dosage on the meds, seeing how that goes.

The jobs going... ok. It'll do. I dont want to be there long, but at least i can pay my bills. I just reaent being expected to care about coffee or the shine on a spoon. Could really do with a holiday to be honest. But im applying for a trainee position with a conservation organisation that has my name written all over it, so im really hopeful about that.

Overall, its not that i miss my ex specifically, im just really feeling his absence. It was great waking up next to someone and having that reassurance and encouragement.

Why do you resent having to be concerned with the shine on a spoon? I used to be a waitress and took such pride in what I did - it wasn't a permanent job for me, but I've always tried to do the best I can no matter where I'm working....

Good luck for the conservation job.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Why do you resent having to be concerned with the shine on a spoon? I used to be a waitress and took such pride in what I did - it wasn't a permanent job for me, but I've always tried to do the best I can no matter where I'm working....

Good luck for the conservation job.
    Because i dont care about it. Im not proud to be working here. To *still* be in customer service. Its mind numbing.

Why do you look down on working with customer service?

Caring about what we do, caring about the difference we make in someone’s life, even if it is just the shine on the spoon, is important - it’s part of what makes us human
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I dont look down on it, its just not what i want to do. If someone chooses to be in customer service then great, but at the end of the day, i didnt slog my guts out for 4 years to get my qualifications just to serve coffee.

I didn’t slog my guts for my entire working life to end up disabled, unable to work and on benefits but, hey, sometimes life sucks.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scientist View Post
    I dont look down on it, its just not what i want to do. If someone chooses to be in customer service then great, but at the end of the day, i didnt slog my guts out for 4 years to get my qualifications just to serve coffee.
    I see that, but I didn't do 4 years to qualify me for teaching for my husband and then my own health to deteriorate massively so I'm unable to do what I love... But you make the best of it. I've always said to my children it doesn't matter if you're the King of England or the road sweeper, it's really important to do the best that you can.... What if the cleaner in the hospital doesn't do their job well? Or the nurses? Maybe you just have to remember that although it's not the perfect job you want, but right now it is putting food on your table, a roof over your head and actually what you think is a rubbish job might be the most perfect job that someone else might be desperate for.
    The most humbling thing when I was teaching a group of year 10 - 11's at a school for those with severe learning difficulties. One of the things we did was go out and about in the community building social skills. One of my students dream job was to work in McDonalds. Every time we ever went in there he was so excited that he just couldn't even talk and go up to order his own drink without support...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (04-10-18)