Thread: Snow Day

Snow Day

The snow fall has been particularity heavy where I live and my place of work is shut today. We also had a power cut which messed up clocks but thankfully all back on now. The dishwasher is not working so I have arranged for someone to come out and look at it tomorrow. I have also got a heavy cold so having a day in the warm is doing me some good hopefully.
    My mood is not brilliant. I'm not sure if we will be back in work tomorrow as it is in a semi rural setting. I feel a bit lethargic. OH will not have the heating on in the house during the day so it is freezing apart from the living room where the wood burner is.
    I've been looking at some music that I need to learn so that has been good. Is anyone else threatened with more snow fall tonight ?

We're under threat of "serious snowfall" tonight and Friday is meant to be even worse.
    Sorry that you're having a bit of a bad time lovely and I highly recommend snuggling on the sofa watching movies wrapped in duvets! We're really hoping for snow days as the roads have been shocking!
    Today I aim to be the best person I can be.
    That mean that yesterday or tomorrow I might be a better person,
    but today's best is more than good enough for today.

Jess’s college have declared a snow day even though we’ve only had a dusting so far....
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best.

Our school won't declare a snow day yet - even though many of the other schools have until Monday......

I was supposed to go into work today. I sat in the car in a blizzard in our drive trying to defrost the windscreen wipers. The temperature said -5. Managed to get to work and the roads were really treacherous. I reached work to be told that the establishment was closed. The journey home was bad - driving in the middle of the road because of the snow. Not sure if we will be open tomorrow. Have done some planning today. It is hard to be motivated when you don't know what is going on.

That's really annoying! We've had -5 too and hideous road conditions. Check out before tomorrow before you set off lovely. I know they've finally partially shut the kids school for tomorrow and almost every other school is shut until Monday. Make sure you take a thermos with you to keep you warm if you are just sitting in traffic too.

Thanks Suzi. It's a snow day again here today. More snow forecast at lunchtime so I'm going to catch up on some ironing.

Pfft, do something fun or better for your soul than ironing! What about watching a movie? Reading? Singing? Building a snowperson?