Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

That makes sense. Maybe she could call the dr for you if you can't?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

UncleChip
    I'm sorry, I didn't know how to start the sentence. I've been calling the doctor again this morning but the line is still busy each time. I'll try talking to my wife again tonight if I can't get an answer before 9am.

I think you need to speak to your wife regardless, it’s not just about getting the doctors appt, it’s also about having the support only your loved ones can give
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How about something like...

"I need to talk to you about something. You know I've been struggling with depression? Well it's got more serious and I am ..... "? She's your wife. Presumably you love her and she loves you. She will know something's going on - trust me, I did with Marc way before he went to the drs or talked to me about it - but I was imagining so many other things that would cause similar symptoms. Talk to her.

UncleChip
    I tried talking to her about it last night and she didn't seem impressed that I was seeking medical help again after what happened last time.

A few years ago I was on sertraline. After a few months I felt like I could be neither happy or sad, my memory problems got even worse and I was falling asleep at my desk. Faced with the same manager's attitude to medical appointments then as now (Is it really necessary?), I just didn't go back and stopped taking the tablets when they ran out.

Then a few months later I started seeing my friends at work (who I've been told not to talk to since September 2017) and they helped me to motivate myself, but without them it's gotten worse.

Today I've been trying not to act on my urges to cope, but in the end I've caved in and eaten a small amount of chocolate and sat shaking behind my desk.

Does it matter if you've eaten some chocolate?
    I really think you need to talk to your wife again. You obviously need help....

UncleChip
    Normally I'd eat a whole pack, but I was trying to avoid it because I've been putting a lot of weight on from comfort eating.
    I'll try talking to her again tonight.

Try using things like www.time-to-change.org.uk It's got some great ideas for conversation starters or ways of explaining things.

I wouldn’t worry too much about comfort evening right now, especially if it helps
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    She says I should stop screaming in the store room and stop snacking. I haven't told her about the cutting.

Somebody's put a complaint in which is likely to get me sacked during next week's review meeting.

I'm going to give up phoning the doctors from 8am until 9, the 21st is less than a week away now.