Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

So, I hope you’re going to try again tomorrow at 8? And tell them it’s a priority?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    I'll call again, but if the lines are busy and I keep trying I might get told off. Then I clam up and start with one of my few allowed coping mechanisms (over-eating, screaming in a store room or cutting myself).

It might be easier just to have the morning off for a better chance of having my call answered.

If you are harming yourself then you need to get an appointment or go to A+E...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

UncleChip
    I still couldn't get through until after 9, then they told me to try again on Monday.
    Then I went and hid in the disabled toilet and cried it out. I don't know how long I was in there but I got a radio call asking for me so I tidied myself up and started working.

If you’ve been calling day after day and can’t get an appointment, it suggests to me they don’t realise how ill you are. Please, please keep trying today to at least get a telephone call with your doctor
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

If you're still feeling like this then get to A+E over the weekend. I completely agree with what Paula says. They can't know how bad you are.

UncleChip
    I don't know what to say to my wife. She'll ask where I'm going and if I say it's to the hospital she'll then ask what's wrong and I don't know what to say.

You tell her that you are having suicidal/self harm thoughts or that you have hurt yourself and you need medical assistance. You shouldn't have to hide this from her at all.

She’s your wife, she should know if you’re feeling like this but won’t if you don’t tell her. Please talk to her

UncleChip
    I'll talk with her when the kids are asleep. I don't want to scare them too.