Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

Did you not tell them that it was urgent?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

That does seem too far off for you right now
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    I told them it was urgent, but they said they had nothing sooner and if it's urgent I should call 999.

Can you not call each morning as more appointments are released? Or ask for a cancellation?

UncleChip
    I called again just a few minutes ago and they said to get a same-day appointment I need to call at 8am. No cancellations have come up yet.

Also I'm being accused of not having equipment ready for an evening meeting I wasn't informed of. According to the complainant, the equipment wasn't working at all.
    I replied by email to tell him that I was told that morning that it wasn't working, but I had it fixed about an hour later. I CC'd in my union rep.

My union rep informs me that the equipment was working at the evening meeting and that the complainant was demonstrating it to a visitor.
    It's clear to me that someone's making things up just so the management will want rid of me even quicker.
    Last edited by Suzi; 09-05-18 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Merging posts. Please try not to double post minutes apart. Thanks!

Then you need to call at 8am tomorrow and the next day and so on until you get an appointment.

I don't know why anyone would be that vindictive or lie so blatantly! I think maybe you need to keep your union rep informed of all these things so you can show that you are struggling with your workload, your managers, other staff, the rules about who you can and can't eat with etc...

UncleChip
    Sorry about the double post. I wrote about the appointment, then read my emails and wrote the next post right away. On most forums I have access to edit my posts, but I guess there's a reason why that's not available on here.

The list of troubles I'm having is getting longer, but I've signed up with the National Autistic Society's online community and told them what's going on. They say some of it sounds like discrimination, so I may have grounds for legal action.

That's why I suggest talking it all through and logging it with your rep.
    Yup, there is a long reason why there is no access to edit posts

UncleChip
    I tried at 8, but it was engaged. I kept trying for the next 15 minutes, but people were getting impatient with me and I was told to stop wasting time on the phone because I was needed away from my office.

OK, well try again tomorrow.... I think you need to explain that you aren't wasting time, you're trying to get a Drs appointment.