Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

UncleChip
    November probably. I've cancelled all of my medical appointments since January just to make my boss complain less.

can I suggest that you check your contract, if you haven’t already, to see your rights re time off for medical appointments? Also, most surgeries open out of hours (my surgery has one late shift per week and one Saturday surgery in every four, for instance) so could you not make an appointment out of work hours?

It’s not ideal, but could you not take a half days holiday?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Tony, let's be honest. You are having suicidal thoughts, screaming into cupboards until you are having physical issues, stressed out, hating it etc and you don't think you should get an appointment until November? I think that's completely unrealistic. As Paula says there are options. Tbh I think you'd be better off working in any other job rather than this...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

UncleChip
    Sorry, I must have mis-interpreted the previous question. I haven't seen my doctor since November. I'll try to get an after hours appointment when the surgery re-opens on Tuesday.

UncleChip
    Although I may be justified in feeling overwhelmed. I've heard of other technicians leaving other sites and while I haven't been told the reasons, I can guess it's because of the sheer amount of work we're all given to do. Apparently one guy just left without telling anyone in advance earlier this week.

Please do get an urgent appointment. You need help....

You need to focus on you and your future, not on what other people are doing, Tony
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    I'm not saying that how I'm feeling is right, I just think that I'm not the only one in the organisation who's feeling pressure to leave.
    But 9am tomorrow I'll call my GP surgery, even though I'll be at work. If anyone looks into my office window they'll probably just think I'm calling a technical helpline, so I shouldn't get into trouble.

Although I've been at home for 3 days and I'm not feeling the pressure right now. I'll probably feel the pressure tomorrow morning, but I'll try my best.

Hope you managed to call to see your GP and I hope when you see them that you're going to be 100% honest about how you are feeling - including the suicidal thoughts and the screaming into cupboards...

UncleChip
    It took just over an hour to get through, between the busy switch-board and a half dozen urgent tasks, but I now have an appointment for 2 weeks on Monday.