Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

UncleChip
    They said I've made no progress and I have 3 weeks to improve. I don't know if they'd then have to give me a notice period or if I'm kicked out straight away.

did You have a representative there for you? Someone who can tell you if they’re following proper procedure and who can make sure you get the right level of support
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    I had a union representative with me, but when she asked me to clarify things I think I just ended up digging myself a deeper hole.

Are they giving you extra support or training?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

UncleChip
    Not as a result of today's meeting. They say they've done everything reasonable to make changes but I'm at a complete loss as to how I can work any harder.

I just look at the list of jobs I have to do and I panic. I can't decide which jobs to do first because I can guarantee no matter which ones I pick they'll be the wrong ones. There's one that's had over 35 hours and is only 25% done. I could pour entire days into it, not finish it and not get anything else done.

What does your union rep have to say about it all?

UncleChip
    I've been to see her this morning and she's agreed to see me tomorrow afternoon.

It might help to make a bullet point list of what your issues are?

UncleChip
    I'll do that. Today I've been given more work than can be completed in one day to be ready for Tuesday. With the bank holiday in the way, I've had to stay back at work an extra hour.
    Had I stuck with my usual finish time, I'd have been asked why the work wasn't done when it was essential. Now that I have done the extra hour, I won't be offered overtime or even thanked for showing a willingness to go the extra mile.

Avoiding the temptation to cut myself again, I've gone into a store cupboard and screamed until my throat hurt and my vision went strange, with little white dots flashing all over the place.

After all I've tried to fit in, there'll be something I've done that's inexcusably wrong by the time I come back on Tuesday. I'll have to wait until Tuesday to find out what it is, so there's no point in me guessing at this point.

If it weren't for my friends here I'd probably just head to the bus station Tuesday morning and see where I end up.

This is not doing you any good at all. When did you last see your Dr?