Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

UncleChip
    I just had a session with a work search coach, and while it's early days yet, I think this is just the sort of help I need to find a new job, since trying this for myself for the last 10 months hasn't worked very well.

What kind of thing did you do? How are you feeling?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

You sound brighter, are you?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

UncleChip
    With the job search coach I looked at my personal qualities and what kinds of work I'd be suitable for. I've emailed my CV to her, so she will hopefully have time to look at it before we meet up next week.

While I'm relieved that I don't have the overwhelming pressure of my previous job bearing down on me, I do feel like a failure for not having a job lined up. And I've been searching since October / November 2017. But I feel more optimistic. And exhausted. But recovering.
    Last edited by UncleChip; 19-09-18 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Added a response to an earlier post

Glad you are feeling brighter. No more screaming or harming or overdoses?

UncleChip
    None of those, but I have been feeling a bit tearful and quite exhausted. The tiredness might be down to the beta blockers.

Thing is, it's quite usual to be teary and exhausted when you start actually dealing with the way that you are feeling...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBlack View Post
    None of those, but I have been feeling a bit tearful and quite exhausted. The tiredness might be down to the beta blockers.
    But you’re still pushing yourself to get things sorted. You should be proud of yourself
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

UncleChip
    I went in to work today to hand my sick note in, and the receptionists didn't know I was leaving. I didn't know that me leaving was a secret, but I guess it's possible news hadn't reached them yet.

I still don't have a final date yet, but I thought I'd drive my own car there and back. It was an uneventful trip until I got home and accidentally scraped one of the rear passenger doors on the gate post. I'll have to see how much that'll cost to fix and try to get the gate posts moved so the drive way can be widened.
    I'm trying not to get worked up over it, but my wife seems to be very upset with me, making it obvious that I'm making her comfort eat. I won't argue with her though, even if I think she might be trying to make me feel bad. I already feel bad about it, but there's nothing to be gained from me crying over it.

I haven't given up on driving though. I'll see if there's anywhere in town I can park for free on Wednesday when I have my meeting with the job search coach, and again on Friday when I have my appointment with the coping strategy group.

Hope it goes ok with the job search coach tomorrow, lovely