Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

Have you spoken to your wife about it? Was she surprised?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hope the meeting goes well....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Thinking of you today
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    My wife knew about it before I did, but now that we've had the meeting I think I just lost my job.
    They've offered to arrange a settlement, but I think I'll only be welcome on the premises to clear out my office.

Did they not make it clear what was happening?

UncleChip
    I think it's optional, but my wife and my union rep are both recommending I take the settlement.

I'm really worried that I won't be able to find another job before my money runs out, but I have been offered (from the local council) one-to-one assistance to find a new job. The next appointment for this support is on Tuesday, so hopefully I'll be able to find a suitable job soon.

What options were you given? Did they have details of the settlement ready? You can't agree without knowing what is being offered...

UncleChip
    They've given me a few days to think about the options, but they need time to prepare the details of the settlement too.

All things considered, I don't think they're equipped to deal with someone with my level of depression and me being there will only make me worse.
    There are a lot of people I don't want to leave behind, but considering management doesn't want me talking to them even when we're all on breaks, my attempts to be happy at work only serve to break rules, which gets me even more down.

I'll see how viable the settlement is when they're ready with it. I just need to keep myself occupied until Tuesday.

So are you at home until Tuesday or working?

UncleChip
    I'm at home, but on Tuesday I have an appointment to help me find a new job. It had been arranged separately to the meetings at work, but the timing is coincidental.

I understand HR don't want me back at work, but I'm still on the books until a decision is made that I'm either fit for work or I'm taking the settlement.