Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

UncleChip
    The backs of my hands are very sore and small cuts have appeared even though I'm not injuring them either accidentally or intentionally. It's not severe at the moment but I can only assume it'll get worse.

IS it down to dry skin and/or eczema? Mine are the same and I'm loading diprobase and e45 cream on them several times a day..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

UncleChip
    I'm not sure what's causing it. I could book a day off with my annual leave but I can't guarantee I'd be able to get a doctor's appointment on the same day. Or I could book the appointment first and then book that day off.

Or you could just pop into the pharmacy any time for some E45 and use that regularly and see if it helps

^^^wss. You really shouldn’t be tying up a gp appointment for that when a pharmacist will be able to help you. It’s been cold recently and that always affects my skin ......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    I hadn't thought about the pharmacist. I should be able to fit them in after work, so my management shouldn't have an issue with it.

Hope it goes well with them

UncleChip
    The pharmacist has sold me some Doublebase Gel, which feels like it's burning. It's nowhere near as bad as the alcohol gel that's placed at the entrances of my local hospital, so it might be helping, but I understand the results may take a day or two to notice.

I think my union rep will also be available for the meeting my managers have planned for next week, so hopefully it won't be a disaster.

I’ve used the doublebase cream and it’s good stuff. Didn’t know it was available as a gel too.

I forgot you worked in a hospital - that alcohol gel is really bad for your hands, definitely go with serious moisturiser.