Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

Well done for getting through
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I think you should make that a priority....Have you seen your Dr yet and told them how you are feeling?
    I've been trying to phone before 9am, but it's the same as before; I can't get through until after 9am, by which time I'm told I'm too late to get a same-day appointment.
    But I'm off work all next week, so I can let my guard down for 9 whole days.

Then go to your surgery and wait for them to release appointments. You have to explain that it's imperative you see a Dr after what happened last weekend....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

UncleChip
    I'll go in on Monday morning when the surgery re-opens.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to UncleChip For This Useful Post:

Paula (27-07-18)

Good! I'm really glad.

UncleChip
    I told my wife about the co-codamol last night at the insistence of my GP.
    At first she asked questions like "What did you think that would accomplish?", but started to be more caring when she realised that piling more pressure on me would only make me feel worse.

I've only been back at work a couple of days but I just want to curl up in a dark corner. I was off last week, but I got an email from my line manager on Thursday asking about the progress of some instructions which I was never given, so I made a start on them yesterday afternoon.

There's a shed-load of equipment missing - none of it with serial numbers, so it's not on the records - but I'll get the blame for that even though it went missing during the move between premises, which was handled by a contractor. I can and will tell them that, but I'll still have to answer for it even though I wasn't even involved in organising anything.

After calling citizen's advice, I've got an appointment through for Wednesday next week.

Glad you've got an appointment with the CAB and I'm even more pleased that you told your wife - tbh I assumed you had as it was an overnight stay in hospital... Where did she think you'd gone?

UncleChip
    I told my wife the hospital visit was for a bout of food poisoning. I didn't think I could tell her the truth at the time and she knows my cooking is usually very bad.

Sweetheart your relationship with your wife seems very hard to me. I talk nearly everything over with Marc and we try to work as a team at everything. We both have our strengths and weaknesses, but our marriage is a partnership.

Do you not eat with the rest of the family?

A marriage is supposed to be a partnership - you should be sharing everything, good or bad. How is she going to feel when she finds out (which she eventually will) that you’ve kept someth8ng so important from her?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.