Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

You could try leaving the page open at certain pages like the one for anxiety and panic attacks https://www.time-to-change.org.uk/ab...iety-disorders or watch some of the personal stories together or print out some of their downloadable content for her to read...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

UncleChip
    I'll try that. I've got some time off work coming up soon, so I'll be able to fit it in then.

Today has been a disaster at work. I'm still on the beta blockers, but my workload just went up drastically and some of the issues raised in my formal capability procedure are sure to be flagged up because of this.
    I've mostly been sat crying at my desk, but also screaming in the store room and taken several cocodamols in the space of a few minutes.

It wasn't until late in the afternoon that I was able to see my union rep to ask for help and we now might have mitigated some of the damage, but head office are sure to use this as the final and biggest excuse to dismiss me when we have the next meeting about it in about a month's time.

I've also found a new friend. He hasn't been here long, but I've been helping him with his confidence whenever I can. You'd think this would be a beneficial thing for the business - I don't let it interfere with my role too much and it's only for a few minutes a day. His improved confidence translates into better performance too. Seeing his progress makes me feel better and I had been working harder until today. I've been hiding my sadness from him. I don't think it'd be good for his morale to see me as I am right now. If the branch manager found out about it all, he'd be quite angry with me.

How many cocodamols? Could you please call 111 to talk to them about it?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    Eight of them. I'm not sure how many mg, but they're over the counter ones so they're not the high strength tablets obtainable with a prescription. I'll call 111 soon. I need to wash up right now.

Have you called 111 yet?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

If you've overdosed the washing up can wait. Get emergency medical help now please.

How did the phone call go?

What did 111 say?

UncleChip
    They recommended I get to my local hospital. They kept me in overnight for observation and took blood samples.
    This morning they're going to send me home, but one of the doctors here doesn't seem to be very sympathetic; he says I've wasted everyone's time and resources with my attention seeking behaviour.

Have you told them why you did it? Are they putting you forward to the crisis team? Have you had a psych evaluation?