Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

UncleChip
    Not sure if it's the medicine starting to take effect or something else, but I just dozed off for an hour.
    I'll explain everything to my wife when she gets in from work.

Tony, is your wife really as strict as she’s com8ng across on your thread?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    Half and half. Most of the time I don't tell her what's going on at work because I don't want her to worry, but sometimes she tells me it's not a good idea to go for a new job because I can't guarantee I won't get sacked right away.

If you don't tell her how things are, how are you expecting her to know that you're struggling? TBH it's much easier if you tell her - I know it was for me with my husband...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

UncleChip
    She knows I'm struggling at work. I guess I didn't tell her that my doctor told me to stay off work for 2 weeks because she told me not to go to see them. But we've talked about it now. She can't see much of a difference in me yet though, but it might take some time for the propranolol to start working.

So why did she think you were off work for 2 weeks?

UncleChip
    She found out about it when it had started yesterday, but I had initially gone to work to explain. Then they sent me back home, even though I intended to work all of Friday to finish a few important things and start the 2 weeks from Monday.

I'll have to email my colleagues on Monday to get someone to do the important things because I was quite overwhelmed on Friday afternoon by all the fuss made in the morning.

Why couldn’t you tell your wife what the doctor said?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You need to talk to her about this. How else can she understand and support you and help you if you don't tell her what's actually going on?

UncleChip
    We've talked about it now, but she doesn't think having the time off is a good idea because my manager will use it as an excuse to get rid of me.

I see it as an opportunity to step up my job search.