Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

UncleChip
    OK, I'm back at work and I've resubmitted my request for time off for a dental appointment. Other than that, I've had no complaints from management so far.

On the face of it, it's been a good day but I just feel so vulnerable and lonely.

Glad it's going OK.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

UncleChip
    Just a week and a half and three of the friends I'm not supposed to have lunch with will be leaving for a new job together.
    I don't know if I'll ever see them again. It's already bad enough when their shift finishes before mine each day. Not that I'm jealous, it's that I miss them so much.

Could you get a job nearer them?

UncleChip
    I'm applying for lots of jobs over a wide area, but very few of them are near their new place. But I'm not getting past the interview stage because I lack the training and industry experience needed for my preferred career.

I might have to start applying for jobs in my current field of work, but I find equipment repair to be unrewarding and on many occasions heartbreaking.

Perhaps you could look at jobs in the current field of work with opportunities for training and industry experience?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Perhaps you could look at jobs in the current field of work with opportunities for training and industry experience?
    I agree, that sounds like a sensible plan...

UncleChip
    That sounds wise. I'll widen my search on my lunch break.

This morning's been overwhelmingly bad.
    I've called for another doctor's appointment, but it's on the 21st. At least I'll have a few hours off tomorrow when I go to the dentist, but I've got anxiety about that too.

My comfort eating's getting worse. I can feel my clothes getting too small for me.

Can you write a bullet point list of your symptoms to hand over to the GP?

UncleChip
    I'd written them down for my previous appointment, but I read it to the doctor last time. This time I'll let them read it.