Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

UncleChip
    I'll see if they offer a telephone appointment service. I was going to call for an appointment today but I had so much work to do that I forgot.

Did you get to speak to someone?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

UncleChip
    I got through to the receptionist, who told me that it was up to me to decide which duties I should put aside for the next 4 weeks. But I don't know what to pick. No matter which aspects I put aside, I'll have to work on them once the time is up again and catch up.

Can you ask for an OT referral?

UncleChip
    I'll try when I get home. I'm on holiday at the moment and I don't have access to any of my work contacts until I get back into my office.

How are you doing?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    I'm getting to sleep earlier, but there's still a lot of physically demanding stuff to do in the day. Still, I only have to satisfy 4 people so there's a lot less stress.

To take my mind off work, I'm learning a new programming framework in the evenings.

But as far as the meeting went last week, it didn't go well. I'm to be placed on a formal competency review, which could last anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks at my manager's discretion. So I have that long to learn the framework and make myself employable.

What kind of physically demanding stuff are you doing?

With that framework I would assume you get more support and guidance?

UncleChip
    It's mostly walking, sometimes up hills with a small backpack, but we're coming home tomorrow so I'll have the weekend to relax before I go back to work.

Hopefully the best thing about learning the programming framework is that I'll have a better chance of landing a new job. Without it I'm in dire need of training, but there are a great deal of different programming frameworks and I need to start somewhere.

Have you enjoyed the holiday at all?