Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

You may have a case for constructive dismissal, but something like ACAS would be able to help you much more than I can with that respect...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hunni, I’m so glad you saw a doctor today, and that this one was supportive. I really think you need to speak to Citizens Advice about whether your employee has behaved correctly towards you. Obviously, I don’t know what hours your local branch is open but many have Saturday or evening appointments
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    I've checked my local Citizens' Advice branch and they're open to appointments in person Thursday and Friday, or telephone appointments Monday to Friday.

You need to make that call then...

UncleChip
    I tried calling yesterday and today, and both times heard a recorded message about faulty goods or debt advice, and that all other services should be dealt with online.
    So I tried looking at the website today, but I don't feel like I can select the correct option.

I've also got a bad headache and I feel dizzy. I've had a couple of paracetamol and an ibuprofen, but so far they haven't helped. I don't feel like taking any more just yet.

I used to work for Citizens Advice and used the website for every client I spoke with. I know it can seem daunting for anything like this but it is a very user friendly website. If you really, really can’t, and please try, then you’ll need to go there in person
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    I'll try again in the morning when my head might be clearer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to UncleChip For This Useful Post:

Paula (25-07-18)

I'm glad you're trying to get help...

UncleChip
    I finally found a way to email in with my specific issue, rather than the variety of options which mostly apply after losing a job.
    The response is a lot to take in, so I'll probably print it out and try to go over it with a highlighter pen so I can pick out the useful details without going dizzy looking through all of the blocks of text repeatedly.

I think you should make that a priority....Have you seen your Dr yet and told them how you are feeling?