Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

She has no authority (unless she is a doctor ....) to make that statement and could get in trouble for doing so. Id be very surprised if that’s what she meant
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    I have about 3 or 4 years ago and they put me on sertraline, but that made me feel even worse so I stopped taking it.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Did you stop it after talking to your gp? How long did you take it for?
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Did you ever go back and tell them it was making you feel worse?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

UncleChip
    Sorry, I may have gotten some messages mixed up. I'll back up a bit.

My GP says I don't have depression. She's a different doctor to the one who prescribed sertraline before.
    I didn't go to my GP when the sertraline ran out. I was so scared about what another medication might do that I didn't go back for over a year, and that was for a different health issue.

My union rep will be assisting me tomorrow morning with my capability review. I know she'll do her best, but it also depends on how determined management are to get rid of me.
    I've applied for another job today, so hopefully I'll have somewhere to go in 4 week's time.

There's a lot of confusion about what my doctor's note would mean with regards reduced workload. I'm the only person on site who deals with equipment problems and recently when I've had medical appointments and job interviews there's been nobody to cover for me.
    If I have 4 weeks on reduced workload, then anything I haven't done in that time will be waiting for me when the note expires, plus my regular workload.

Next week I'll be on holiday for 5 days, so I should get a rest (in theory). But then that's another 5 day's work not done at all that I'll have to catch up on upon my return.

Did you tell your dr everything about how you are feeling?

UncleChip
    I tried to tell her, but she didn't let me finish reading from my list before she said it was work related stress. Maybe I should have just given the list to her.

That's always a good idea. Maybe try to go back?

UncleChip
    My manager and union rep have asked me to confirm what the note she wrote about "adjusted responsibilities" means, so I'll go back as soon as I can get another appointment.

Can you call and get a telephone appointment? That might be quicker than a full on appointment.