Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

UncleChip
    We eat together in the evenings, but I don't think I should talk about my depression and coping methods in front of our children. And I didn't want her to worry. But she knows now.

I've found someone at work, above me but below my manager, who agrees that some of the tasks I'm being given to do as "high priority" are relatively menial compared to the tasks which impact functionality.
    I'll tell my manager in the morning. I've been emailing him the last 2 days, but gotten no replies, not even to the request for time off for my appointment next week.

But didn't she question why you said you had food poisoning and no one else did?

I would suggest that rather you saying x said this, that and the other that x goes and tells your manager themselves rather than it looking like you have been talking about it all behind your managers back!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

UncleChip
    The excuse about food poisoning involved the sandwich I had made at home and eaten at work for lunch.

I'll try emailing my manager again. One of his complaints is that I don't communicate effectively with the rest of the team.

I'd email him in and bcc your union rep and then you're covered.
    How are you feeling?

UncleChip
    I'm still feeling overwhelmed. The decision about my (dis)continued employment will be a week on Tuesday, so I'll keep working hard until then.
    Not to impress my line manager - nothing I do will accomplish that - but so as not to inconvenience my work friends.

Are you keeping your Union Rep in the picture with everything that's going on...

UncleChip
    I've been CCing her into all the emails, so hopefully she's got all she needs to know.

Can you try to relax this weekend?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    It's been an easier weekend than most so far, but I have a little extra work to do after church tomorrow because I'll be on holiday next week, so they need 2 week's of newsletters writing instead of the usual one. I'll wait until the kids go to bed so I can concentrate on it.

Where are you going on holiday? You, your wife and children?