Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

UncleChip
    After going through the links, the vast majority of them only cater to people in the London area and the rest are for school leavers, so I'm back to square one.

Including today, there are only 3 days with my friends and then they're gone. So far all this week I've been feeling overwhelming sadness boiling over and I've been running for the nearest store cupboard to avoid anyone seeing me crying.

I don't know how much worse I'll be on Friday after they've left for the final time. I'm going to try and eat my lunch now.

When did you get an appointment with your Dr?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

UncleChip
    On the 21st, so just over a week away.
    I'm the last one in again, got another 10 minutes before I go. Then I've got a meeting at another organisation at 6. I feel like everything's spinning.

Last one in again where?
    Is it an interview?

Is it an interview? I hope so
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    Oh, sorry, lack of context. I was the last person still at work from the day shift. All my colleagues had gone home. I only know a handful of people from the evening shift.

But I've since had my meeting and come home. I'll probably be up past 11 washing pots again.

How many pots do you use? lol

Was it an interview? How did it go?

UncleChip
    It was enough washing up for a family of 5. For some reason it always takes me at least an hour and a half, often longer.

It wasn't an interview, but a school governor meeting. I'm on the board, but I'm standing down soon. I don't think I'm very good at it. I don't understand what's being discussed most of the time.

I cook for a family of 5 too.. 2 meat eaters, 1 vegan, 1 almost vegan and 1 vegetarian so at least 3 different meals a night so I know all about washing up! Have you thought about a dishwasher? That would mean you could spend more time helping your wife with the bedtime routine or spending more quality time with your wife! I'm sure she'd appreciate that and maybe you could do something together - for example Marc and I are trying to watch Game of Thrones together.. We've made it to season 2 episode 3!

UncleChip
    The kitchen's tiny, but we could find somewhere else to install it perhaps.

One more day with my friends at work and then I'm lost. I don't know if I'll be able to face it on Monday.
    I'm also trying not to take too many pain killers. My teeth are giving me agony and I have a nasty headache, but if I take pain killers too often it only makes it worse.