Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

UncleChip
    My screens have been facing away from the door & window for the last year and a half, so they shouldn't be an issue.

I think everyone's on edge about this rule though, since it's only the people from head office doing the reporting, but they can only do that when they're on site.

Have you mentioned your issues with this rule to your manager?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

UncleChip
    I don't like standing up to him.

During a meeting today, he mentioned how I'd only fixed 8 things between Monday morning and Wednesday lunch time. But when I checked the lists after the meeting, I counted 20+ things in that same time period. But it'll be his number that get's noted in the minutes of the meeting, rather than the real one from the system.

Then take it to him and show him....

Why would you be standing up to him if it’s just you commenting on the difficulty caused by GDPR regs - that every company has to deal with?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    He'll likely handle my dislike of this rule the same way he handles all my complaints - everyone else has to do it the same way.
    Maybe I should barricade my door just to be able to comply.

As far as the comment about me only having done 8 jobs in 2 and a half days, I emailed him and my union rep with a list of the job ID numbers and a description of each. He tried explaining that many of the 21 jobs I'd identified were "password resets" and that I hadn't completed any requests made before this week, so I then spent another hour writing an email detailing each and every one of them.
    He doesn't seem to have an answer to that.

Also I had a follow-up appointment with my doctor. The beta blockers are working well and she'd like to see me about them in another month, but she's concerned that my anxiety stems from my line manager bullying me as I had explained to her about the 8 jobs accusation. She's suggested I ask my union rep for advice about this and to see if there's an impartial person to speak to who is above me in the organisation. I can think of 1 person, but he's usually very busy. I'll email him in the morning.

How are things at home? Are you talking to your wife about how you are feeling? Have you streamlined doing the dishes etc?

UncleChip
    I think having the beta blockers is helping me to focus, so I'm getting the dishes done much faster. I still have trouble starting conversations with my wife though. I don't often get my point across effectively.

At work my union rep thinks my line manager was "just doing his job" when he said I only closed 8 jobs. I'm sure he has access to the same data I have, on the same system.

Glad you're getting the dishes done faster. Have you tried using the time-to-change website to help to talk to your wife?

UncleChip
    I've been looking at the Time for Change site since you mentioned it, but I don't know how to use it. I'll try digging bit deeper, there must be something I've missed.