Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

Thank you for getting help, I was worrying about you all night. That doctor is wrong and I’m furious you were treated that way
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

UncleChip
    I was too nervous to explain to him, especially when he had two other men at his side.
    Maybe he thought I was dangerous, but even years ago on the rare occasion I've been blind drunk, I'm never aggressive.
    The rest of the staff seemed to be more understanding, but they must have thought my reluctance to say why I'd done it was because of the effects of the codeine.

Because it had been several hours since I'd taken them, they decided not to use stomach pumps or charcoal.

How do you feel now?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    Still a bit dizzy. I've also had some abdominal pain which has been minor for the last year or so, but over recent weeks has become more pronounced, though I doubt it's related to any medication I've been taking.

I'll tell my GP about it all and see what she says.

Will you get an urgent appointment tomorrow?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

UncleChip
    Not with my usual GP, but I can try the out of hours clinic.

Why not with your usual GP? If this is because of work then let me be the first to tell you that the fact that you deliberately took an overdose and meant you spent a night in hospital because of the danger to yourself means that you should not go to work and you NEED to see your doctor URGENTLY
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Have you rung the out of hours doctors?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl
    This backwards attitude of doctors is why I find it so hard to go in and see them, I hope you're OK and that you get the help that you need

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CaterpillarGirl For This Useful Post:

UncleChip
    I'm sorry for making everyone worry.
    It's not because of work; my GP centre is only open Monday to Friday and all of the doctors in there follow that working pattern.
    I rang the out of hours doctor and they made an appointment for earlier this afternoon.

When I went, he said what happened at the hospital shouldn't have happened. He asked if I needed more time off work, but I explained about what's going on with the formal capability procedure and that I increase the risk of losing my job if I have any more time off.
    He then suggested that, if my job is causing me this much of a problem I should look for work elsewhere, which I have been doing since October 2017.
    He also recommended that I increase the dose of my beta blockers. I can't get to a pharmacy today as it's Sunday and they're all closed, but I do have enough from my last prescription to take twice as many in each dose, but that still doesn't solve the work issue.

I do have another appointment with my GP booked for the 6th of August, when she's due back from her holiday.

I wonder, if the management are that committed to getting rid of me, could I take legal action against them for the medical issues their behaviour towards me has caused?

I just feel like nobody wants to employ me and when all is said and done, I'm going to lose my house and end up in an even worse situation.